(Done) Missing Magazine: Ultimate Gamer

VGBounceHouse

Howdy!

Ultimate Gamer has a database entry but I couldn't find a related topic so forgive any duplication of information.

This was a short-lived "monthly" starting in the middle of 1995 and ending it's run in January 1996. There were only six issues with the cancellation announced in the final issue with directions on switching subscriptions to another magazine or requesting a refund.

• Ultimate Gamer comes from Larry Flynt Publications which was responsive for a number of '90s game mags including Video Games & Computer Entertainment.
  • I typed "monthly" in quotes as the small print says it's a monthly yet the gap between issues one and three is two months meaning they missed one. As I don't have the second issue I don't know wwhether it was dated August or September.
  • The last two issues were perfect-bound and narrower, the rest staple-bound.
  • Some basic information on the magazine can be found here http://gamingafter40.blogspot.com/2011/01/larry-flynt-calls-it-quits-in-96.html as there is no Wikipedia entry (an all-too-common fact in regard to videogame magazines on the site).

I have five of the six issues:

Number 1, July 1995

folder.jpg

Number 3, October 1995

folder.jpg

Number 4, November 1995

folder.jpg

Number 5, December 1995

folder.jpg

Number 6, January 1996

folder.jpg

I'll be on the lookout for the missing issue and if I find it will make putting this magazine to bed in its entirety a priority.

Chris

• Like 1

• 9 months later...