Workstation At Home

Data

This is my Workstation. The monitor on the left is replacing my plasma televison that blew up last week. It is connected to a Thinkpad t520 used for media playback to chesterfield. The next laptop I bought from Wal Mart to use on the couch. It was the best laptop WalMart carried and it is a P.O.S.

The Middle monitor is connected to my Gaming Laptop. It runs all my games and emulators as well as does video editing like a champion. This laptop will eventually replace my Media Player. Right laptop is Thinkpad T400. It has a Creative Audigy PCMCIA Audio Card and Virtual DJ running for a little music on the side.

I have 2 Japanese Style Sega Saturn Originals that I use to play Saturn, Neo Geo, Turbografx 16 CD as well as any system which runs Street Fighter Games.

I have 2 8Bitdo SNES30 bluetooth paddles. I use them to play NES and SNES roms.

2 Dualshock 3 Sixaxis Authentic controllers used for Playstation, Dreamcast and other PC games requiring XBox 360 button Layouts.

My Street Fighter IV Wireless Fight Pad for PS3 is a future project controller. They dont use standard bluetooth radios so I will put wireless transmitters and recievers into this pad to make it compatible with Windows.

Original N64 controllers are the only option for N64 emulators in my opinion. I wish 8bitdo would remake them.

My 2 Logitech F710 are like brand new. They are excellent controllers copying the Xbox 360 layout.

The 2 Sega Branded RF Sega Genesis 6 button controllers hardly get used because you need a direct line of view with the IR reciever. I would like to mod these as well and try to sell them for a mint.

What Workstation would be complete without Wii Motion Plus Controllers. I got 2 of them and 2 Non Motion Plus.

Peripherals needed are Dolphin Bar. This plugs into usb and behaves like a Human Interface Device on the Back end. On the Front end they pair to up to 8 Wii Motes just like the console. No need for any special steps. Just hit power on the wii mote.

I needed an Anker 10 Port and a 5 port USB Hub as well as Mayflash adapters for the N64 anbd Sega Saturn Pads.

I used a Driver Wrapper for Dualshock 3 and 4 pads and paired it to its own bluetooth dongle. Windows wont work with 2 bluetooth adapters so there is a certain order of steps to set this up. In the end 1 dongle gets changed to a Libusb device instead of a bluetooth radio and keeps the Dualshocks paired with no special steps.

The onboard Blueooth radio is available to bluetooth devices such as my Super Nintendo Controlls.

Im always 6 or 7 clicks away from any game or emulator available today. I have build up a customized Hyperspin with RocketLauncher Front End and am happy with the progress.

Workstation.jpg