RETRO Magazine Slowing Down?

ctophil

Hey everyone,

I've noticed something odd with RETRO Magazine in the past few issues. Firstly, Issue # 7 (Mortal Kombat cover) never came. I had to contact Mike directly to get me the issue. I never heard from customer service when contacting them. Issue # 8 came just fine though. But now, I've been waiting for Issue # 9 (Celebrating Stealth Cover) in the past couple of months. I believe it should of arrived last month (October). We are now toward the end of November, but have yet to see any signs of it. Have you guys gotten Issue # 9 yet?

Seems that ever since RETRO Magazine founder, Mike Kennedy, started his RETRO VGS project, the magazine began to slow down on distribution. Let me know what you guys think.

My issues have come without problems, including the latest one which I got last month.

That's just weird. Well, I guess I have to contact Mike again. I had a missing issue of NF Magazine as well. I don't think it's my local Post Office that is the issue. Game Informer has been coming to me non-stop for years without ANY issues. In fact, they come earlier than expected almost every month. It's something to do with each magazine's distribution system, similar to how EGM takes forever to get to our mailboxes these days.

Is this magazine any good? I've been needing another good gaming mag to go along with OXM since EGM seems to be a quarterly mag now.

Yes, I've been a subscriber since the first issue. It has a mix of retro and new video games with some great insights on classic gaming. It exudes quality articles with good personalities, similar to the olden days of EGM, Nintendo Power, GameFan, and Gamepro. The magazine is always printed on high quality paper that will last for many decades to come for collectible purposes.

As an update, I contacted RETRO, and they will fix my subscription so that my issues will arrive on time.

Yes, I've been a subscriber since the first issue. It has a mix of retro and new video games with some great insights on classic gaming. It exudes quality articles with good personalities, similar to the olden days of EGM, Nintendo Power, GameFan, and Gamepro. The magazine is always printed on high quality paper that will last for many decades to come for collectible purposes.

As an update, I contacted RETRO, and they will fix my subscription so that my issues will arrive on time.

EGM was the $hit back in the day. It hasnt been the same since it was brought back after Ziff Davis dumped it in the garbage.