Does View Perspective in RPG games are important for you?

Hello fellow gamers,

Are you ever considered importance of view perspective in RPG games you chose? There are thousands of various RPG games out there, but me, for example, I prefer First Person perspective RPG's and second party goes for Third Person or even Tactical (Overhead) perspective games. I love RPG genre and I was playing some most amazing titles such as:

1. Ultima Underworld Series

2. Might and Magic (from VI to VIII) Series

3. Wizardry 8

4. The Elder Scrolls Series (whole except Online)

5. Fallout Series (from 3, New Vegas, 4)

6. Deus Ex Series

7. Dead Island

8. Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines

9. Boiling Point: Road To Hell

10. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Series

and so on...

It's not the case that I don't like third person games, but First Person is so immersive to me. Even in action games in fact. I LOVE Grand Theft Auto 5 - only because it's First Person too. Games like Mirror's Edge, Rage, Bioshock, F.E.A.R., Half-Life Series...

And games like Metroid or Dead Space Series for example. I prefer Metroid Prime Trilogy over all classic Metroid games and I LOVE DeadSpace: Extraction over whole trilogy of DeadSpace.

Coming back to RPG genre. I really love Mass Effect, but I never completed whole trilogy too :unsure: . I loved to play Gothic 3, but never completed either. I even never tried Baldur's Gate, Planescape Torment and such. Got Star Wars Knights Of The Old Republic recently via GOG with huge discount, but I probably will never complete this one too.

Recently I've got chance to buy Fallout 4 or The Witcher 3. Gues wich one I've picked. And I LOVE The Witcher lore, I read all the books in the series few years ago. It's so amazing...but not...first person perspective - Fallout 4.

What do you guys think? It's curse on me about First Person perspective? Wich one you prefer mostly? Or there is no choice between good game and perspective?

Cheers :)

• Like 1

I prefer first person perspective RPG's as well and I think it has to do with the level of immersion. Having said this, I have also enjoyed many top-down RPG's just as much as first person. For example, I have enjoyed; Phantasy Star (2 and 4 are my personal favs), Final Fantasy (earlier titles), Baldur's Gate, Temple of Elemental Evil and Ultima series as well. For first person RPG's I have played many such as Might & Magic series (1-6), Shining in the Darkness, Eye of the Beholder, Elder Scrolls and most recently Legend of Grimrock 1&2 (haven't finished 1 and won't start 2 until I do).

I have Fallout 4 under the Christmas tree...can't wait to try that one. I also enjoy first person shooters (mostly exploration and atmosphere type FPS with some puzzles thrown in) with Half-Life being my favorite game series.

Never tried The Witcher though not for any other reason other than I have so little time to play games in general anymore as my career and family take priority.

Not as much as controls. If the game has bad controls, it's hard to go back and replay it after you are done with it. It may have great, story, characters and so on but controls add to it being great and take away from it as well if it has a ok story and so on.