Ultra game players (database)

Sean697

It's all been done. That last issue of Game Player's (1989) goes to the first issue of Game Players (1993). The last issue of that goes to Ultra Game Players, and the last issue of UGP goes to Game Buyer.

The only thing left to do is fix the download links. Most of the "official" links for all the Game Players stuff (issues, guides, special issues, etc) are file factory links. I will be adding direct download links to all the issues like this over the next several days.

Hey, sorry to contradict myself, but having the last issue of Game Player's (1989) link to Game Players (1993) isn't correct. Both Game Players Nintendo Guide and Game Players Sega Guide went through May 1993, and then merged in June 1993 to form Game Players: Nintendo Sega, aka Game Players (1993). Interestingly enough, it changed to Game Players: Sega Nintendo in January 1994, and stayed that way until the June 1995 issue when it dropped the big subtitle altogether. (You can see all of this on the covers in the database.)

In reality, Game Player's (1989) should just end with the October 1991 issue (though for some reason they dropped the apostrophe from "Player's" for that issue). Maybe putting the full title of Game Player's: The Leading Magazine of Video and Computer Entertainment (see front covers) would make sense to distinguish it in the database. And just FYI, each magazine's "title" in the database is missing the apostrophe (see below). Not trying to make things difficult here, just trying to help.

https://www.retromags.com/magazines/category/usa/game-players-1989/#.Vpm7LEtORg1

I think how it is is fine. They are two separate databases and the numbering does not continue between them. And as discussed in the previous thread we know it came from Game Player's Nintendo Guide and Sega Guide,mbut the numbering is really inconsistent. Game Players is basically a new publication by the same people as those mags. Whereas Ultras Game Players and to an extent Game Buyers are the same magazine rebranded.

Edited by Sean697

I think how it is is fine. They are two separate databases and the numbering does not continue between them. And as discussed in the previous thread we know it came from Game Player's Nintendo Guide and Sega Guide,mbut the numbering is really inconsistent. Game Players is basically a new publication by the same people as those mags. Whereas Ultras Game Players and to an extent Game Buyers are the same magazine rebranded.

Yeah, I hear you. Perhaps making the green arrow buttons on the last issues of Game Players: Nintendo Guide and Game Players: Sega Guide go to Game Players (1993) would be a good idea. Ultimately, the magazine's history is obviously one big mess.

Yeah, I hear you. Perhaps making the green arrow buttons on the last issues of Game Players: Nintendo Guide and Game Players: Sega Guide go to Game Players (1993) would be a good idea. Ultimately, the magazine's history is obviously one big mess.

That sounds like a good idea actually.