theassassin

Database/file mistakes & problems I've noticed

kitsunebi77    730
3 hours ago, retrochain said:

When checking to see if my remaining small collection of magazines has already been preserved, I noticed the GamePro discrepancy and almost came to the conclusion my issue of GamePro had not been scanned yet - as 94 shows a different cover. Only on scrolling back up the page and catching a glimpse of the familiar cover alerted me that the issue numbers are off, and I came to the forum to see if anybody else had pointed this out. The explanation is satisfactory, but I feel like moving the entries 10 issues forward and adding dummie entries for the unpublished issues with an explanation of what happened on GamePro's part would be better for anyone looking to donate their magazines to the cause.

:lol: We were discussing this very thing the other day.  Don't worry - plans are being made to fix things to make it less confusing for everyone.

https://www.retromags.com/forums/topic/2223-phillymans-work-in-progress/?do=findComment&comment=52723

Phillyman    416

This morning I fixed up the latter half of GamePro magazine. Now from issue 91 until the end is numbered correctly. I am searching the GamePro magazines for any recognition of "issue numbers" so far I came across this.

So to me it looks like GamePro wanted to call dibs on being the first magazine to hit 100 issues and inflated their numbers with other published works :rolleyes:

Edit: Yup, By inflating their issue count GamePro was able to claim to be the first video game magazine to hit 100 issues in January 1997, without inflating their numbers Nintendo Power would have reached issue 100 first in September 1997 and Electronic Gaming Monthly would have reached it in November 1997

2017-09-06 13_11_48-gamepro_090_-_1997_jan.cbr - SumatraPDF.png

• Like 1

kitsunebi77    730
5 hours ago, Phillyman said:

So to me it looks like GamePro wanted to call dibs on being the first magazine to hit 100 issues and inflated their numbers with other published works :rolleyes:

2017-09-06 13_11_48-gamepro_090_-_1997_jan.cbr - SumatraPDF.png

Now THAT'S the kind of alternative-fact self-aggrandizement that an entire country could rally behind.

GamePro 2020:lol:

Phillyman    416
22 minutes ago, kitsunebi77 said:

Now THAT'S the kind of alternative-fact self-aggrandizement that an entire country could rally behind.

GamePro 2020:lol:

issue100.png

issue100closer.png

issue100closest.png

giphy.gif

I mean common, fast forward 50 issues from here and they still are carrying on this charade in issue 150! I counted the covers manually!!!!! :cursing:

150 Issues My Arse!.png

2017-09-06 18_46_09-59b07a2dd113c_150IssuesMyArse!.png.39beb513330de72002a2ac7d3c0e5d67.png (PNG Ima.png

Kyle-Yells-Shenanigans-On-South-Park-rea