Games you are currently playing or recently beaten

Phillyman

in the last month i finished Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii) (had never played it before) followed by Shovel Knight (WiiU) (freaking awesome!)

currently working thru Rayman: Legends (WiiU)

How is Rayman Legends? I have it but I not gotten around to playing it. Was a fan of the original 2-D release but wasn't crazy about the full 3-D titles.

How is Rayman Legends? I have it but I not gotten around to playing it. Was a fan of the original 2-D release but wasn't crazy about the full 3-D titles.

fun but pretty easy. i'm used to playing NES games, so the challenge level on this is ridiculously low. it makes some neat use of the Wii-U's gamepad, which is nice since most titles mostly ignore it.

there seems to be a ton of unlockables and collectibles, so if that's your thing it will keep you entertained. Also a really good variety of levels, so you never really feel like you've done all this before like with some platforming games.

I recently earned Platinum on Fallout 4, then finished up Bloodborne's DLC (well worth the $18 I paid for it). Not sure what to play next, but I'm thinking about Onimusha 2 or Uncharted 3.

I'd recommend Onimusha 2, very solid game. Of all the series to not get any sort of HD treatment, that trilogy surprises me.

From what I played of the demo, I loved it. Great animation, fluid, responsive gameplay, and scene setting music. Don't want to talk it up too much, but it's a good one. I'm in the same boat, loved the original Rayman, but after that it just didn't feel as special.

As for me, I finished the first season of Telltale's Walking Dead, Beyond Good & Evil HD, and Valiant Hearts. If you're a fan of good atmosphere and art, or history, I recommend Valiant Hearts. No, it doesn't have anything to do with Vandal Hearts. Yes, I checked. It's about World War 1, as far as the setting goes. Good stuff.

Started to play Doom 3 for PS3, then realized there are no cheats, and a Doom game without cheats just isn't gonna satisfy my powertrip needs from a shooter, sooo... moved on to Secret of Monkey Island SE.

I have so many damn games for 360/PC and the only one i've actually played through and beat was Left 4 Dead 2.

I've always started HalfLife but never finished. Started over again when I got the Cinematic mod but once again never finished. I'm horrible at getting through a whole game. I have games form the 90's that are still new to me lol

Vice, you sound a lot like me bud. Probably have around 200 games in the back log, thanks to a PS+ subscription and impulse buys. That said, been getting back into gaming in my free time.

I am however, more selective with what I'll play, because of options. If something just doesn't feel worth it, I'll move on, rather than sticking with it in hopes of some redeeming factor within that I'd eventually (hopefully) get to.

Rayman series in general is amazing, a very underrated platformer. It's a shame that the series doesn't get a lot of love but i love it and it is a joy to play. Platforming at it's finest. The original is still one of my favorites. Rayman 2 The Great Escape on the Dreamcast when it came out was phenomenal, i own it to this day as well as the ps2 version Revolution. The great things about Legends is it has Back to Origins section in the game so you can play many levels from the previous Rayman game, which was Rayman Origins.

Rayman series in general is amazing, a very underrated platformer. It's a shame that the series doesn't get a lot of love but i love it and it is a joy to play. Platforming at it's finest. The original is still one of my favorites. Rayman 2 The Great Escape on the Dreamcast when it came out was phenomenal, i own it to this day as well as the ps2 version Revolution. The great things about Legends is it has Back to Origins section in the game so you can play many levels from the previous Rayman game, which was Rayman Origins.

I will have to check it out, thanks for the advice guys!

I'd recommend Onimusha 2, very solid game. Of all the series to not get any sort of HD treatment, that trilogy surprises me.

As for me, I finished the first season of Telltale's Walking Dead, Beyond Good & Evil HD, and Valiant Hearts. If you're a fan of good atmosphere and art, or history, I recommend Valiant Hearts. No, it doesn't have anything to do with Vandal Hearts. Yes, I checked. It's about World War 1, as far as the setting goes. Good stuff.

Over the past couple of years or so, I've been going through older game libraries looking for gems (whether popular or obscure) I never got to play. Onimusha being one of them. I remember my brother playing it back in the day, but he was more into PS2 than I was at the time. I decided to play/finish it last year, and I absolutely loved it. The trilogy definitely intrigues me. If the other two games are as good as the first, then I'm right there with you on the HD treatment.

And if you enjoy games about war and also happen to like tactical RPGs, I highly recommend Valkyria Chronicles for PS3, PC, and soon to be PS4. It has a certain charm to it.

Since my last post, I decided to play DmC: Devil May Cry Definitive Edition on PS4. I finished it this morning in just under 13 hours. Despite all the hate it received over Dante's new look, I actually liked it a lot. The new Dante grew on me. The story was good, the combat was fun and super deep, and the levels were pretty fun and varied (there's 20 in all, not including the story DLC included with the Definitive Edition). There's also plenty of unlocks for replay value and throwbacks to the original games to keep die hard fans happy.

I just checked my steam game info. 141 games, 72 unplayed lol. Damn steam summer amd winter sales.

Great time to be a gamer, isn't it? Back in the day if you had that many games, you probably had more money than sense.

The great things about Legends is it has Back to Origins section in the game so you can play many levels from the previous Rayman game, which was Rayman Origins.

Really? Legends includes all of Origins?

Over the past couple of years or so, I've been going through older game libraries looking for gems (whether popular or obscure) I never got to play. Onimusha being one of them. I remember my brother playing it back in the day, but he was more into PS2 than I was at the time. I decided to play/finish it last year, and I absolutely loved it. The trilogy definitely intrigues me. If the other two games are as good as the first, then I'm right there with you on the HD treatment.

And if you enjoy games about war and also happen to like tactical RPGs, I highly recommend Valkyria Chronicles for PS3, PC, and soon to be PS4. It has a certain charm to it.

You'll enjoy the other two Onimusha games I'm sure. Myself, I try to go through prior generations of games too, play the highly acclaimed games that I missed, particularly the underrated stuff. Hence, my recent playthrough of BG&E. Had a great feel for suspense that the MGS and recent Batman games have done so well, and it has some Pokemon Snap style picture taking on the side too. Lots of fun.

As for Valkyria Chronicles, it was probably the first game I bought for PS3, other than MGS4 and SSF2HD. Bought it simply for the art style, and fell in love with the combat. Played through about half of the second one, but I dunno... while they expanded the classes, I almost feel like it lost some of the focus of the first game, it just didn't feel quite as special. Never played the third one, since it hasn't been translated to my knowledge. The original VC is a criminally under played game folks...

• Like 1

Great time to be a gamer, isn't it? Back in the day if you had that many games, you probably had more money than sense.

Really? Legends includes all of Origins?

You'll enjoy the other two Onimusha games I'm sure. Myself, I try to go through prior generations of games too, play the highly acclaimed games that I missed, particularly the underrated stuff. Hence, my recent playthrough of BG&E. Had a great feel for suspense that the MGS and recent Batman games have done so well, and it has some Pokemon Snap style picture taking on the side too. Lots of fun.

As for Valkyria Chronicles, it was probably the first game I bought for PS3, other than MGS4 and SSF2HD. Bought it simply for the art style, and fell in love with the combat. Played through about half of the second one, but I dunno... while they expanded the classes, I almost feel like it lost some of the focus of the first game, it just didn't feel quite as special. Never played the third one, since it hasn't been translated to my knowledge. The original VC is a criminally under played game folks...

No Not all of them but a nice portion of them, still you get like 35+ extra levels. Here is a list of the levels available. Really cool.

http://raymanpc.com/wiki/en/Back_to_Origins

• 2 weeks later...

finished Rayman Legends last weekend. finally got a NES controller for my PC so got around to playing (and beating) Abobo's Big Adventure as well. amazing game.

going to start my playthrough of Zelda: Skyward Sword tomorrow.

Nearly finished with Monkey Island 2, and I must say, it holds up quite nicely. That part with using Jojo the monkey with the pump... love it.

Up next will likely be the Telltale Monkey Island game, at which point the only one I haven't played will have been Curse of Monkey Island, which to my understanding was PC only.

My current rotation...

PS4: Witcher 3, Batman Arkham Knight

XB1: Elder Scrolls Online, Mega Man Collection, Just Cause 3

XB360: Deus Ex Human Revolution, South Park Stick of Truth

PS3: Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix, Mass Effect

PS Vita: Final Fantasy X, Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky (PSP)

3DS: Yo-Kai Watch

• Like 1

I just picked up The Last Of Us over Christmas but haven't begun playing it yet, for some reason. I kind of surprised myself by getting back into Mount and Blade: Warband for the first time in about a year. Quite an addicting time sink, that one.

Nearly finished with Monkey Island 2, and I must say, it holds up quite nicely. That part with using Jojo the monkey with the pump... love it.

Up next will likely be the Telltale Monkey Island game, at which point the only one I haven't played will have been Curse of Monkey Island, which to my understanding was PC only.

Hey, how is Monkey Island 2? I've played the first game a dozen times - it's one of my all-time favorites - but the only other Monkey Island game that I've played through was, for some reason, Escape From Monkey Island. I'd be curious how the second game stacks up against the first one.

My current rotation...

PS4: Witcher 3, Batman Arkham Knight

XB1: Elder Scrolls Online, Mega Man Collection, Just Cause 3

XB360: Deus Ex Human Revolution, South Park Stick of Truth

PS3: Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix, Mass Effect

PS Vita: Final Fantasy X, Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky (PSP)

3DS: Yo-Kai Watch

How... how many hands do you HAVE??? :P

Hey, how is Monkey Island 2? I've played the first game a dozen times - it's one of my all-time favorites - but the only other Monkey Island game that I've played through was, for some reason, Escape From Monkey Island. I'd be curious how the second game stacks up against the first one.

Play it. That's all I will say. Well that's not entirely true. See, where Monkey 1, they established the world and characters, in Monkey 2, they found their humor. Oddly enough my first exposure to the series was Escape, which I imagine I tried on a whim because the cover art was quite silly, and I worked at Blockbuster at the time, hence free rentals. One of my favorite games I've played, and not sure why it hasn't been brought up like since its original release. Neither Curse nor Escape got any special edition treatment, or re-release, near as I can tell.

Anyway, yeah, pick up Monkey 2. The special edition version that I picked up on PSN has voice acting, by the same folks that did the rest of the series. :)