Games you are currently playing or recently beaten

Phillyman

It might be the easiest NES game I've ever played.

What's that, Battletoads? :P

I'm still playing GT6, and I've come to another realization. I try to keep my PP level on my cars fairly low, so as to provide challenge. However, on some of the lower level races with short tracks, you have a nasty combination of a short track, a rolling start (meaning the lead car is usually 1/8 of the way done before you even start), and only two laps to pass 5 or so other opponents. Trying to make clean passes while running a pace like your hair is on fire... not an easy thing to do. Not even particularly fun, if I'm honest. Give me at least three laps, make it worth my time behind the wheel...

Just finished up Firewatch and Life is Strange recently. I've been into story driven games lately and they quenched that thirst nicely.

Firewatch held a bit of appeal for me, simply because I grew up not too far from where all those fires took place back in the late 80's. Made for some absolutely beautiful sunsets...

I start to play DOOM from first game... I think it's the third or fourth try to complete all of them one by one...

DOOM has always held a special place in my heart. I was mostly a console gamer, but Doom and a few other PC games really stood out to me. Have you seen the trailer for the new game?

I'm playing Front Mission 3

Shit, I love those strategy games!

Final Fantasy Tactics is the best thing PSOne made!

I can't say that I ever got into the Front Mission games for whatever reason. They seem well made, and from Square in its best era, but I never made the effort to play them.

If you enjoy PS1 strategy games, do yourself a favor, and pick up Vandal Hearts. It will probably seem a bit simple, compared to Final Fantasy Tactics, but it is a well focused game.

• Like 1

I can't say that I ever got into the Front Mission games for whatever reason. They seem well made, and from Square in its best era, but I never made the effort to play them.

If you enjoy PS1 strategy games, do yourself a favor, and pick up Vandal Hearts. It will probably seem a bit simple, compared to Final Fantasy Tactics, but it is a well focused game.

Dude, Front Mission is just GREAT! Try it! You have my word ;)

Oh yeah, Vandal Hearts is great too. I remember I played it in Japanese since I didn't have an US version to play, hahha!

But, sure, I've never beaten the game... I need to play it again.

I just got the airship in Final Fantasy 6! Currently I'm suffering from too-much-magicite problems since I kinda want everyone to learn everything ASAP.

Also, I am the worst pilot ever. I read the tutorial and immediately forgot it so i spent the first 5 minutes trying to move and ended up going up and down, and when i figured out how to move and turn i spent the rest of it trying to land.

The worst part is that the head of my party is Setzer, the guy who owns the ship.

Of Course) But with my 2-core AMD from 2005 i can only dream to play it)

Same here, most of the computer I have is parts from 2006, so I certainly won't be playing it. I'd be surprised if I could play Doom 3 on it. :P

Dude, Front Mission is just GREAT! Try it! You have my word ;)

I just may do that if I find myself in a position to give it a try, thanks!

The worst part is that the head of my party is Setzer, the guy who owns the ship.

Hey, cut the guy some slack. How many pilots own the plane, and how many plane owners know how to fly the thing? Setzer's got bigger things on his plate, like being super suave. :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Finally picked up a PS3 a little while ago. Finished up God of War III. I hope to get to Metal Gear Rising and Puppeteer eventually.

Also playing SNES Super Adventure Island and various games included in the PS2 version of Capcom Classics Collection Volume 2.

I need to get back to Transformers Devastation at some point.

Currently going back to replay Fallout: New Vegas on Survival Mode, Recently beat Heavy Rain, I think it took my girlfriend and I 18-ish hours. We stayed up until we beat it. Also beast Super Mario World for the first time as an adult, my original save was gone, but now I have another 100% file.

just ordered Mighty No. 9 on Wednesday (apparently nobody local got it in on release day). haven't gotten it in the mail yet. I see that it's getting a ton of negative reviews and lots of hate, but i'm looking forward to giving it a go. My expectations are pretty low at this point but i can't imagine i won't have at least some fun with it.

As soon as I am finished with my current book (Nochnoi Dozor in German), I'll start The Thing (2002) as I've heard good things about this game. It'll probably be without save anywhere functionality, but I hope the checkpoint system is good enough not to frustrate me.

• Retromags Curator

As soon as I am finished with my current book (Nochnoi Dozor in German), I'll start The Thing (2002) as I've heard good things about this game. It'll probably be without save anywhere functionality, but I hope the checkpoint system is good enough not to frustrate me.

"The Thing" is amazing, in my opinion. The game's save function works like Resident Evil, in that in order to save, you have to find a recorder. There are no checkpoints, so if you die you reload your previous save. There's no limit to the number of times that you can save however, and you don't need to find any items in order to use the recorders. :)

*huggles*

Areala

Legend of Dragoon and Valkyria Chronicles. Working through my backlog.

I remember enjoying LoD when it came out. How does it hold up?

Big fan of Valkyria Chronicles. Wish it would have sold well enough that they could have made a follow up on the PS3.

I was really looking forward to The Thing at the time, but for whatever reason I didn't pick it up. Probably because I was working at Blockbuster at the time, and mostly played what we got in, simply because free rentals made it a lot easier to survive on the wages I made there. Wasn't a whole lot of expendable income for me then.

I remember enjoying LoD when it came out. How does it hold up?

I'm having fun with it. But then again, I'm someone who have been playing since 1986 or so, so graphics really do not bother me much.