Games you are currently playing or recently beaten

Phillyman

On 7/16/2021 at 9:03 AM, Areala said:

Legend of Mana has one of my favorite soundtracks of all time. Just a beautiful game in every way. :)

*huggles*
Areala :angel:

Indeed, i never invested my time in this game back when it was new. Back then it was just a game i never beaten but now i'm invested my time a lot in this game and the replay value is high.

That's good to hear. I had a friend of mine who wasn't even born when Secret of Mana came out, so seeing all these re-releases and remakes on the Switch seemed like a good game to co-op with him. Unfortunately he moved about 5 hours away, so game time is gonna have to be online from now.

• 8 months later...

FInally getting around to play the Souls series.  Just finished Demon Souls and now Dark Souls 1.   I will finish the trilogy then onwards to Elden Ring!  On another note and this might be blasphemous for some but, I just started Bayonetta 1 for the first time and... it's kind of boring.  Not sure if it's the story or the fact it's one of Platinum's older games but I was expecting much more considering I loved Nier Automata and action games like Devil May Cry series in general.

I received Luigi's Mansion 3 as an X-Mas gift, so i took the opportunity to play through the series. i beat Luigi's Mansion 1 and 2 earlier this year, just started #3 this weekend. decently fun so far.

also was working my way through the Mega Man games. beat 1-8 and X, but Mega Man & Bass (Game Boy Advance version) was giving me troubles and frustration so i shelved it for good for now. Ended up ordering a repro of the SNES version, so i'll probably get back on that horse at some point.....

I just started Chrono Trigger for the first time. Everyone always told me it was one of the best SNES games, but I was not prepared for how quickly it sucked me in. Hopefully I beat it before Lego Star Wars comes out next week, because that's next on my list.

I just wrapped up a play through of all the Harry Potter games for GBA. They're surprisingly fun if not the most complicated.

13 hours ago, bogusfrank said:

I just started Chrono Trigger for the first time. Everyone always told me it was one of the best SNES games, but I was not prepared for how quickly it sucked me in.

Amazing to me that even nearly 30 years later, that game is still drawing people in the way it does. Truly timeless. 😃

Been diving into my massive indie horror backlog lately and fell head over heels with Strangeland by Wadjet Eye Games. An absolutely enthralling point-and-click adventure game inspired by PC classics like Dark Seed and Sanitarium with a pinch of H.R. Giger thrown in for good measure.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, te72 said:

Yes it certainly was. Have you seen that we are finally getting an official release of Live A Live?

No, but I remember playing it a long time ago on an emulator. Pretty neat but never finished it. Started with the cowboy scenario.

Ah, it's updated 2.5D. Interesting. Thanks for letting me know. I haven't had too much time for games lately.

Edited by ml0045
edit

5 minutes ago, ml0045 said:

No, but I remember playing it a long time ago on an emulator. Pretty neat but never finished it. Started with the cowboy scenario.

Ah, it's updated 2.5D. Interesting. Thanks for letting me know. I haven't had too much time for games lately.

I always wanted to play it (I mean, it's Square from their golden era...) but never put in the effort to track it down. Having seem some of Triangle Strategy, I suspect they'll do right by the remaster. Glad to share the news!

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 11/28/2022 at 9:25 AM, namzep said:

Diablo 3 (sort of always playing that one, though).

SAME!

i've been on a push in the last few months to get some of the accomplishments before D4 releases (rumored to be in April). need to wait for the Anniversary event (usually happens around New Year's) to get the last couple i want to get. i only play single player, and usually get WAY too drunk when i play, so it has been a longer process for me than most. but i'm enjoying it, so no complaints!

• 2 weeks later...

Since i'm a cheapskate I've been going thru free games on myabandonware.com and here's what I beaten so far...

Bugs Bunny - Lost in Time: Yup, I love Looney Tunes games (guilty) and this one is pretty good. It's a light collect-a-thon that isn't to overly difficult. Although there is some sticky spots. Recommend 👍

Bugs and Taz - Time Busters: Another collect-a-thon with Taz joining you. Great music and graphics on this one. I prefer this one over Lost in time. Recommend 👍 

Catwomen: Yup the Halle Berry game that got critically panned. I had to know how this game played like so I downloaded it. Although it looks great the lock camera makes things difficult. This game whole gimmick is to jump on walls and swing on poles like Prince of Persia Sands of Time. It hard to distinguish where to jump sometimes because the camera is not movable. You can literally fall from great distances if you misjudge a platform or pole. Annoying. Also the combat in this game is laughable. Catwomen doesn't kill anyone she just beats them up until they leave the area or there are boxes or other objects in the scene that she can kick them into. Its so dumb. Not Recommend although its hilarious seeing Sharron Stone using karate to fight Catwomen. 👎

Infernal: Yikes. Where to begin. Its a crappy max payne type of game with spongy enemies that seem to never miss. The gimmick of this one is the devil (yup) grants you powers like soul sucking dead enemies to gain HP back and take ammo from them. Pretty cool like the first 5 times but you have to do this the whole game which is annoying. They also tacked on a crappy physics moving ability which is rarely use in the game for some reason. The levels are expansive it takes hour to finish them because of all the spongy enemies you have to fight along the way. Did I mention that they seem to never miss? Ammo is scarce so its possible to be stuck if you ran out and there are doods to fight. Luckily there are melee attacks which you have to just run up to them and hopefully you wont die. The up close combat is hilariously janky btw. One power you get from the start is a forward roll which makes you invulnerable. I had to use this to get pass hordes of enemies late game to get to the next area because I was low on health. The voice acting is atrocious but the graphics are damn good. Play this one if you have nothing else to play. Not Recommend 👎

i just started playing Cuphead (now that it's FINALLY available via a physical release!). man, this is difficult in all the right ways. The graphics are gorgeous. the sound is great. the gameplay is brutally tough but fun. i love this game already and i'm only a handful of stages in.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Pokémon Emerald Rogue, a modded version of Pokemon Emerald that turns it into a roguelike game. It's a fun pick-up-and-play but rough around the edges game.

Otherwise I think the last game I've completed was...Yakuza 7...like 2 years ago, oh no.

• Like 1