Phillyman

Games you are currently playing or recently beaten

Perhaps not Nickelback, but I would suggest that Linkin Park fits the mold of era defining musicians. I can't think of any other band around that era that had as big an impact.

Rise...RISE!!! RISE AND GO FORTH, O THREAD OF THE AGES!!

So,erm.  I beat Might and Magic IV: Clouds of Xeen.  Or did I?  I mean, I know I did, but it sure doesn't feel that way.  Because I'm still playing it.  Well, not really.  I'm playing the sequel.  Except it's the same game.  Except it's not. It's separate and it's the same.  It's two things combined that make something more than the sum of the parts. Huh? I'm so confused.

For anyone unfamiliar with the Might and Magic RPGs for the PC, the 3rd-5th games all used the same engine.  But while the 3rd game was it's own thing, the 4th and 5th games were designed to complement each other, each taking place on one side of a flat world - the light side and the dark side (Clouds of Xeen and Darkside of Xeen.)  After the 5th game was released, the two games were released together along with new content linking them both together (Worlds of Xeen.)  So I finished the 4th game (taking place on the light side of the world) and have now continued on with the same party onto the 5th game (taking place on the dark side of the world).  But you can also travel back and forth between the two sides of the world (in essence traveling between the two games) in order to complete areas that are only accessible after doing certain things in one or the other. 

So while I finished the 4th game, I'll still have to go back to some of those areas in order to finish the extra bits accessible after playing through the 5th game.  So I guess I haven't actually finished it yet.  Except I have. 

Nope, still confusing.

That Might & Magic setup sounds pretty cool, kinda like Link To The Past, with the light / dark world. It's been a weird year for me, super busy out in the garage, so I've hardly played anything this year. Little bit of Gran Turismo 6, might have been all so far.

Oh, wait, no... I did go back and play some Moraff's World early in the year. DOS man, DOS...