Would anyone be interested in hearing a retro gaming podcast?

miketheratguy

Well, Mike, I finally got around to listening to the TJ&E episode yesterday and edited about 100 pages while doing so. Unfortunately, now that I'm caught up, I've got nothing to take my mind off the excruciating tedium of editing, so my motivation to finish the remaining 150 pages has waned. When's this 3-hour Mortal Kombat II epic coming, so I can finally get this issue in the can? :)

• 1 month later...

Episode 2: Kirby's Adventure (thoughts):

-i'm adding to this post as i go. there's no way i can save up all these thoughts until it's over.

-Smash Bros. how do you guys not get this game? i've always found it incredibly intuitive, and like you, i grew up playing MK2 in arcades.

-i found Birdman to be highly enjoyable and can't stand Wes Anderson's movies. different strokes for different folks i guess. also, Dances With Wolves was terrible.

-Howard's praise of Crystal Pepsi being taken off the market is highly offensive to me, as i've been awaiting it's return since 1993.

-ha! i literally watched True Romance just 2 nights ago. love that film. my wife can't stand it because it's too violent. i keep expressing that it's a love story, but she's not buying it.

Kirby:

-i want to parrot the perfect way that the skill level increases as you go. starts off super easy but becomes somewhat challenging later on. nothing unbeatable.

-my favorite power early is the flame or ice one (whichever gets you the ice shield or whatever that hovers around you). Later on, cutter and beam become my go-tos.

-how did you not get the UFO power? there's only like one or two levels that offer it, IIRC, but it is legitimately awesome.

-that eyeball/cloud boss always gives me a bit of trouble too. Even kirby's pole-vault power seems to be finnicky on whether i can get it to work or not.

-this whole episode really makes me want to play Kirby's Adventure tonight. unfortunately, that won't be happening, but definitely in the next couple of days i'll power through it. Love it.