I'm Selling a Ton of Old Video Game Magazines on eBay

aloram

All the listings just went live, and all the opening bids are $.01, with free shipping. I'm a Top-Rated Seller with perfect feedback, so if you're interested in anything, rest assured I'm a good person to work with. Phillyman actually bought Game Informer #1 from me last year. Next week, I'll be listing a bunch of old Game Players/Player's, as well as old Game Informers. I'll try to remember to post here again when those listings start. Thanks a lot.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=&_ssn=scramblam&_sop=1

• Like 1

Sean, I also have that issue, but mine has a purple sort of background, with Shiva's word bubble containing, "come get some!" but unfortunately it is NOT a very good quality example anymore...

There are 4. Could use a scan of yours too. You could always scan it and send it and see if it can be cleaned up.

Before you sell that EGM 70, do you think you could scan the cover and send it to me or eday? So we can add it to our scan.mthere were 4 covers to that issue, and the only one we have preserved is the blue sky cover.

How do I go about doing that? I have access to a cheap scanner. How would I send you the scan?

scan the cover.

find someplace free online to host pictures. i generally use photobucket.com it's free & easy to set up an account and then you can select that scan photo to upload.

post the link here, or message it to Eday or whoever, and boom! done.

How do I go about doing that? I have access to a cheap scanner. How would I send you the scan?

Scan it at 600 dpi. On your scanner look for a setting for descreen. It remove artifacts when scanning glossy magazine covers, if you ever scan one without this setting your get a grid pattern on the scan that is quite noticeable. Then you can email it or host it on Dropbox, free account is more than enough. That's it. you can crop the picrure, but better to just scan the whole platter so something doesn't get cut off.

Edited by Sean697

Scan it at 600 dpi. On your scanner look for a setting for descreen. It remove artifacts when scanning glossy magazine covers, if you ever scan one without this setting your get a grid pattern on the scan that is quite noticeable. Then you can email it or host it on Dropbox, free account is more than enough. That's it. you can crop the picrure, but better to just scan the whole platter so something doesn't get cut off.

According to my research, the scanner doesn't have a descreen option. It's an HP Deskjet F300. The computer it's connected to isn't mine, and I can't install any software on it. Please let me know if you find a way to set descreen, and if not, please let me know if you want me to scan the cover anyway. Please send me a PM. Thanks.

All the listings just went live, and all the opening bids are $.01, with free shipping. I'm a Top-Rated Seller with perfect feedback, so if you're interested in anything, rest assured I'm a good person to work with. Phillyman actually bought Game Informer #1 from me last year. Next week, I'll be listing a bunch of old Game Players/Player's, as well as old Game Informers. I'll try to remember to post here again when those listings start. Thanks a lot.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=&_ssn=scramblam&_sop=1

Game Player's? You wouldn't happen to have the November 1990 issue with TMNT: The Arcade Game on the cover, do you? My first ever exposure to the Monkey Island series was that issue of the magazine, and I have very fond memories of relaxing, eating microwave popcorn, and reading (and re-reading) that review because the game sounded like one of the coolest things I'd ever heard of (and was from the Maniac Mansion people to boot) but I didn't have a computer and figured that I'd never get to play it.

Eventually it came out on Sega CD and I short-sightedly tore out the review to have with me when I went to play the game at a local video game store. Since that time I have no idea what happened to the magazine, let alone the torn-out review, and have been looking long and hard to find a replacement copy ever since.

According to my research, the scanner doesn't have a descreen option. It's an HP Deskjet F300. The computer it's connected to isn't mine, and I can't install any software on it. Please let me know if you find a way to set descreen, and if not, please let me know if you want me to scan the cover anyway. Please send me a PM. Thanks.

Go ahead and scan it anyway, it's not a deal breaker.

I see nothing. Signed in, signed out, I don't see any listings either way.

So weird. If I click on the link, even when I'm not signed in, they show up. Try this, please:

http://www.ebay.com/usr/scramblam

Click on "Items for sale," and then sort by "TIme: ending soonest."

Go ahead and scan it anyway, it's not a deal breaker.

Sounds good, I'll get on it.

• Retromags Curator

So weird. If I click on the link, even when I'm not signed in, they show up. Try this, please:

http://www.ebay.com/usr/scramblam

Click on "Items for sale," and then sort by "TIme: ending soonest.

Zero results. It's very weird. Even if a seller doesn't ship outside the US, I can still see their stuff on their page even if their stuff doesn't show up in the search results. Later tonight I will try from my desktop and set my VPN to somewhere in the States (my tablet doesn't have VPN).

Zero results. It's very weird. Even if a seller doesn't ship outside the US, I can still see their stuff on their page even if their stuff doesn't show up in the search results. Later tonight I will try from my desktop and set my VPN to somewhere in the States (my tablet doesn't have VPN).

Huh, that's odd. My listings are set for U.S. only, so as you said, maybe that's the problem.

• Retromags Curator

Switching my VPN to a US IP let's me see your listings. It's weird because I can search ebay.com instead of ebay.ca and see listing that only ship to the US, but for some reason I can't do that with yours. Tis a shame as you have three listings I am interested in.

There are 4. Could use a scan of yours too. You could always scan it and send it and see if it can be cleaned up.

I'll try to figure out our printer sometime this week. Here is a link to the specs:

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/jsp/Product.do?sku=C11CC07201#Scan

Any reason that wouldn't provide a decent image? I figure the better the image to start... like I said, it's pretty rough, multple small tears, bends, and what appears to be a bit of water damage. Although I lived in AZ when I got that issue, so it might be from sweat, who knows?