I'm Selling a Ton of Old Video Game Magazines on eBay

aloram

I'll try to figure out our printer sometime this week. Here is a link to the specs:

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/jsp/Product.do?sku=C11CC07201#Scan

Any reason that wouldn't provide a decent image? I figure the better the image to start... like I said, it's pretty rough, multple small tears, bends, and what appears to be a bit of water damage. Although I lived in AZ when I got that issue, so it might be from sweat, who knows?

The scanner more than adequate.

You might have mentioned this elsewhere in the past, but what settings do you use (including, I guess, any post-processing done in editing)?

I usually have a mild white point adjustment while scanning to remove bleed-thru, but that's it. After scanning I run a batch deskew program, then manually crop, align, and clone stamp out the most obvious imperfections on each page. I duplicate the entire folder, sending the original to a backup location where each file is converted to PNG (for lossless compression) and preserved in its original 600 DPI size, then send the duplicate folder off to be resized and converted to JPG/CBR.

These Next Generation scans I'm uploading may have also had a tiny black point adjustment, like one or two points, to make the text more solid. I scanned them several months ago and don't remember. I don't really do that anymore.