New Release: Game Buyer Issue 4 (October 1998)

Sean697

So this is the the last issue of Game Buyer. Which was what Ultra Game Player changed its name too. Which was what Game Players changed its name to. Which was a spiritual successor to Game Player's. So basically this is the last issue of Game Player's, Game Players, Ultra Game Player, Game Buyer!

The last 20 pages or so of this mag had some water damage. I cleaned them up to make them presentable. But they are not perfect. But I think youll find they are are far better than what I had to work with if you could see the real pages.

• Like 1

Hey also, I have all these debound pages now. Should I just throw them away?? What do you guys do with them? I really have no use for them.

If the scan is good, hi-res, backed up, and uploaded, then I throw it all away. VGBounceHouse saves them in a plastic sleeve, but he's working with magazines so old they might be the only copies in existence for all we know.

Thanks for the scan and for your hard work!

Yeah, a mag loses its mojo once it's been debound. For reading purposes, the scan is more convenient at that point, so there's no sense keeping a bunch of loose pages around unless you think you're going to need to scan it again for some reason.

On the plus side, I find that knowing you're going to throw the magazine away when you're done is incentive to do as good a scan as possible.

• Like 1

If you still have the whole cover piece, with the front and back with the spine all together in one continuous piece, and the pages were only separated with a heat gun and nothing was cut, I suppose it's possible in principle to glue it back together. I imagine it would involve filling the valley in the spine with a modest amount of hot-melt adhesive from a glue gun, before wrapping it around your pages. Close it up tight and let it cool. I imagine it being messy and awkward, though, with some pages coming out afterward because they were not all exactly aligned or something. I'd be curious to know, though.

If you still have the whole cover piece, with the front and back with the spine all together in one continuous piece, and the pages were only separated with a heat gun and nothing was cut, I suppose it's possible in principle to glue it back together. I imagine it would involve filling the valley in the spine with a modest amount of hot-melt adhesive from a glue gun, before wrapping it around your pages. Close it up tight and let it cool. I imagine it being messy and awkward, though, with some pages coming out afterward because they were not all exactly aligned or something. I'd be curious to know, though.

This just sounds .... Ridiculous lol. Ya it's in the trash. Besides I cut the covers off the spine anyway.