kitsunebi77

kitsunebi77's random stuff

The time saving is minimal on most mags since most pages don't have borders, and especially with Japanese mags, two-page ads and background images on articles that stretch across facing pages are common, so there will still be plenty of pages that have to be merged and relatively few that can be ignored.  However, I've been scanning supplements lately, and most of them have a consistent page design throughout the length of the book, meaning that every single page has a border connecting to the facing page.  But again, from now on, I'm ignoring borders and will only seamlessly merge and split pages were an actual image (or text, of course) extends across facing pages.

Here is a third strategy guide for 1991's Wizardry Gaiden I: Suffering of the Queen for the Game Boy (in case you haven't heard, they're nuts for Wizardry in Japan).  This one is nice as it features lots of screenshots in 4 glorious shades of green, just like the real thing (OK, maybe yellow and brown).  None of this black and white nonsense shown in the other guides.

https://archive.org/details/WizardryGaidenIHisshouKouryakuHouVictoryStrategy

large.101290609_WizardryGaidenI-WinningStrategyGuide.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Never scanned one of these before (just the supplements.)  The PC Engine is a system I've never really taken the time to learn about, but it's intriguing to me simply because of what a long-lived success it was in Japan (1987-1999!!) despite its complete failure to make a significant mark in the US market as the TurboGrafx16.  And since only about 1/5 of the games were ever released in the US, there's a large catalog of little known gems/garbage to discover sifting through a magazine like this. 

Stupid page joins.  I hope somebody out there reads these things in two-page viewing mode.  And not the kind that puts a space between the two pages like a PDF reader does so you can't even tell if the pages join seamlessly or not.

006.jpg

Especially when it's game art like this, seamless join is much appreciated. Thanks a lot for spedning time with it!