kitsunebi77

kitsunebi77's work in progress

kitsunebi77    664

I don't normally post about stuff I buy because I'm a good boy and don't buy more stuff I don't need and have no room for anyway. 

But sometimes I slip up take a peek at Yahoo auctions and before you know it I've gone and done something bad and this arrives at my door and DON'T HIT ME MOMMY I'LL BE GOOD I'M SORRY I'M SORRY I'M SO SORRY YOU'RE RIGHT DADDY LEFT BECAUSE OF ME IT'S ALL MY FAULT BECAUSE I'M BAD I'M SORRY I'M SORRY I'm Sorry for the blurry photos.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

I'm intrigued by the Computer Games Strategy Plus in the bottom right corner there.  It is sealed in its original polybag, and yet the demo disc on the inside is in a ziplock bag.  Did it really ship that way?

• Like 2

Areala    25,515
23 minutes ago, kitsunebi77 said:

I don't normally post about stuff I buy because I'm a good boy and don't buy more stuff I don't need and have no room for anyway. 

But sometimes I slip up take a peek at Yahoo auctions and before you know it I've gone and done something bad and this arrives at my door and DON'T HIT ME MOMMY I'LL BE GOOD I'M SORRY I'M SORRY I'M SO SORRY YOU'RE RIGHT DADDY LEFT BECAUSE OF ME IT'S ALL MY FAULT BECAUSE I'M BAD I'M SORRY I'M SORRY I'm Sorry for the blurry photos.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

I'm intrigued by the Computer Games Strategy Plus in the bottom right corner there.  It is sealed in its original polybag, and yet the demo disc on the inside is in a ziplock bag.  Did it really ship that way?

Login magazine with Tomb Raider 3 cover feature MUST BE PRESERVED!! You have done well, my friend. :)

*huggles*
Areala

• Like 1

kitsunebi77    664

I'm still enjoying spoiling myself by playing through Might and Magic III rather than spend all my free time editing magazines, so don't expect any new scans in the immediate future, but whenever I do get back to it, the first thing on my list is another issue of Dengeki Nintendo64.  While flipping through it today, the article that caught my eye wasn't about the 64 at all, but rather the Nintendo Power peripheral for the Super Famicom.  Not being a Nintendo fanboy, this was the first I'd heard of it, so pardon my ignorance if this is common knowledge, but I thought it was interesting.

It was basically the same concept as the Famicom Disk System, except better, since rather than using a limited-memory disk that required a separate console add-on to play, it could copy games as flash RAM directly onto an actual SFC cartridge that could hold more or less the same amount of data as a regular game cart.  You just took a flash cart to your local convenience store, popped it into the machine at the kiosk, selected which game you wanted from the menu, copied it onto the cart, printed out a receipt, and paid at the register.  The magazine lists 39 games that were available.  Without listing them all here, they're made up of titles from Nintendo, Capcom, Konami, Hudson, Human, and Chunsoft.  There was a Game Boy version as well.

Here's the Wikipedia article I looked up afterwards if anyone else is interested: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_Power_(cartridge)

• Like 2

kitsunebi77    664

Marktrade is retired.  For now, anyway.

Almost all of my American mags are in America, so I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure I threw away all of my GamePros years ago.  Sorry - it was before I'd ever heard of people scanning magazines, and GamePro was never a magazine I cared for (the only reason I had it in the first place was because I got several years of free subscriptions.)

Melki    32
3 hours ago, kitsunebi77 said:

Marktrade is retired.  For now, anyway.

Almost all of my American mags are in America, so I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure I threw away all of my GamePros years ago.  Sorry - it was before I'd ever heard of people scanning magazines, and GamePro was never a magazine I cared for (the only reason I had it in the first place was because I got several years of free subscriptions.)

Free sub!! :cry: btw im not sad because of u throwing the gamepros or anything T.T 

Edited by Melki

kitsunebi77    664
3 minutes ago, Melki said:

Free sub!! :cry: btw i dont envy u or anything T.T 

Yeah, back in the late 90s, early 00s, businesses were still learning how to effectively market and advertise on the Internet.  You could get tons of free magazine subscriptions just by clicking on a few ads.  Often times, you could even stack multiple promotions, so your free subscription would last for years.  I probably got around 200 free DVDs just by clicking on ads as well.  Ah, the early days of the Internet...

kitsunebi77    664

So I'm in the middle of editing a mag and I just finished stitching together the fold-out poster.  And it's goldurn purty, if I do say so.  If anyone ever wanted to print out a super-big Aya Brea poster for their wall, well now you can.  I've uploaded the full-size pic here (it's BIG):

https://mega.nz/#!EBxjzCpS!Yv2RRJsutCUNNUuPDZxjs8-MBHFzbfOzmRO0JX6KfnE

and here's a much smaller preview:

image.jpeg

E-Day    699

I wish I had access to a professional printer so I could print my own posters. I know someone on eBay who sells prints of game box art, but they are about $20 a pop. for 18x24. There are several I want, but it gets expensive.