marktrade

Missing Magazine: Game Player's PC Entertainment

Whiskcat    2

Hello I'm new to this board. I have a small collection of PC mags that I want to make sure are recorded in history. Not sure if you guys have these or not, but before I sell them, I want to make sure they are added to the database if you dont have them. 

00N0N_prKuDiuzIp_1200x900.jpg

00y0y_gjaPyLEUJEC_1200x900.jpg

kitsunebi77    730
2 hours ago, Whiskcat said:

Hello I'm new to this board. I have a small collection of PC mags that I want to make sure are recorded in history. Not sure if you guys have these or not, but before I sell them, I want to make sure they are added to the database if you dont have them. 

Hi Whiskcat, welcome to Retromags!

I would LOVE to get any and all of the mags in those pics scanned and added to our database and download collection (PC gaming mags are my personal favorites, and Game Players PC Entertainment was a mag I loved as a kid.)  I'm not sure if you were interested in donating them for preservation, but if so, I'd be happy to take them on and would make them my priority.  I don't live in America, unfortunately, but you could send them to my dad (in the US) and he could forward them on to me.  That way you could avoid the international shipping, and it would only delay their arrival by a week, so no big deal.

You can check out the 3 issues of GP PC Entertainments I scanned last year that were donated by Areala if you want to see what kind of quality you could expect.

• Like 1

Areala    25,520
6 hours ago, Whiskcat said:

Holy cow, that's some GOLD right there!! Those are beautiful. :)

*huggles*
Areala

Whiskcat    2

Haha, they absolutely do! I acquired a bunch of magazines from the company I worked at. A lot of Videogames and Computer Entertainment early 90 issues and also a lot of NextGen. Some EGMs, GamePro, Gameplayers, Nintendo Powers, and a few others sprinkled in.

20170908_214014.jpg

• Like 1

kitsunebi77    730

We've already got Next Generation/ NextGen completely scanned, but it's a beautiful magazine to keep physical copies of, so lucky you! 

I'd personally really like to see any  Videogames and Computer Entertainment issues we don't already have get scanned.

So far as GamePro/EGM/Nintendo Power go, those fall outside of my personal area of interest, but they're some of the most popular mags we have around here.  Of course, that also means that we've got a bunch of them already scanned, but I'm sure there are plenty of people here who would love to see any holes we have get filled.:)