Unusual gaming mag ebay auctions...

te72

So, came across this one this morning:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Psm-magazine-6-8-/172146976353?nma=true&si=9ZDJOdaKx%252BDSjoR%252FBA2AUJuOY0Y%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

It's issues # 6 and # 8, apparently sold for $300. I'm calling BS on that one, can get more or less the whole run of the magazine for that much.

What about you guys, ever come across a listing that's just a bit strange?

It could be the person listed them at a lower price then someone they know wanted them so they put the price up high as heck to put off potential bidders and let the auction run its course. I've seen that before. Rather than incur delisting fees they just make it a guaranteed no-sale through high pricing.

Speaking of high prices, take a look at this .... Club Nintendo Issue 01 ...

http://www.trademe.co.nz/gaming/other-nintendo/other/auction-1057653131.htm

Looks to still have the middle poster pages etc. But man, what a price.....

Edited by KiwiArcader

It could be the person listed them at a lower price then someone they know wanted them so they put the price up high as heck to put off potential bidders and let the auction run its course. I've seen that before. Rather than incur delisting fees they just make it a guaranteed no-sale through high pricing.

I just looked it up on watchcount.com and it said it sold for a best offer of $25, even showing a link to the offer history. I don't know why the OP's link is telling me it sold for $300.

I've seen some of those early PSMs sell high, but not that high.

I was gonna say, I snagged the first four issues that were brand new, still in the padded mailing envelope they came in, for something like $60... I got the entire run of the magazine for somewhere around $500, so if it's ever at a point where it's selling for that much per issue... I think I'd probably cash in. :P

I just looked it up on watchcount.com and it said it sold for a best offer of $25, even showing a link to the offer history. I don't know why the OP's link is telling me it sold for $300.

Interesting. Perhaps a bug in the link I had?

Prices for PSM are generally reasonable. Can typically pick up an entire volume of 13 issues (12 months plus their holiday extra issue) for around $15-25.

All in good time though. I'm building a car at the moment, so funds are a bit tight, but I do intend to contribute to the slush fund so we can pick up and get PSM scanned someday. I already have the entire run, would love to have the entire run digitally as well... :)