Your Shameful Gaming Secrets

lalalei2001

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Retromags Curator

I remember pausing Street Fighter 2 repeatedly on my SNES as a kid to see which animation frame would give me the best panty shot of Chun Li during her hurricane kick.

*ROFLMAO*

OK, in my opinion, that wins the thread so far. :lol:

*huggles*

Areala

• Like 1

When Gran Turismo 4 launched, I was so excited to play it, that as soon as I left work (after buying the game, of course), I started the car, and drove off. Little did I realize, that I failed to remove the pedal lock anti-theft device that was attached to my brake.

Fortunately I managed to use my admittedly youthful car control skills to bring the car to a stop using the hand brake, but MAN... was I lucky that nobody was coming down the road I had to turn into...

When Gran Turismo 4 launched, I was so excited to play it, that as soon as I left work (after buying the game, of course), I started the car, and drove off. Little did I realize, that I failed to remove the pedal lock anti-theft device that was attached to my brake.

Fortunately I managed to use my admittedly youthful car control skills to bring the car to a stop using the hand brake, but MAN... was I lucky that nobody was coming down the road I had to turn into...

You sure picked the right game to buy for that kind of situation.

You sure picked the right game to buy for that kind of situation.

Yeah, no kidding. Lucky for me it was a minor side road I had to turn into, but by the time I realized the situation I had put myself in, I was past the point of circling the parking lot. The open road was the only option left, unless I wanted to hop a curb and stop the car on the wall at the edge of the lot...

Funny enough, didn't even really like GT4, at least not as much as GT2 or 3. :P

Another memory that really comes to mind, playing Resident Evil. You know, the original. Back in 1996. I was 12 when that game came out, and my friend Mark was over playing it with me. When we came to the dog hallway (I won't spoil it, in case there is someone out there who hasn't played or otherwise been exposed to it, it is a great moment), Mark panicked and tossed the controller.

Being the good friend that I am, I quickly picked the controller back up, put it in his hands, and said something along the lines of, "DO SOMETHING!!!J!K!JKL!1" :P

What really makes this story though, is that shortly after that scene, we decided to take a break. So Mark needs to use the restroom (who wouldn't, after that?), but is afraid that I will try to scare him somehow. To make sure I don't hide somewhere, he makes me knock on the door until he was finished. Thing is, my dog, Booger, was alerted by the knocking, and came to investigate. He thought a stranger was in the bathroom, and when Mark opened the door, Booger (a small Maltese / Shih-Tzu mix) starts barking at him. Needless to say, Mark is a bit startled by this, and starts kicking at my dog.

Still makes me laugh to this day. What makes it even funnier is that Mark was one of the smartest kids I ever knew... I suspect his imagination must have gotten the better of him that day.

Such was Resident Evil in 1996. :)

Shameful gaming secret??? I own more games than I've actually played. For example, despite having so many NES games to choose from, I still play SMB2, Circus Charlie, and Felix the Cat over and over and over again! :-P

Shameful gaming secret??? I own more games than I've actually played. For example, despite having so many NES games to choose from, I still play SMB2, Circus Charlie, and Felix the Cat over and over and over again! :-P

Dude.  I own at least 20 games for every one that I've played.  And that's just actual physical media games.  If we're talking digital...I don't even want to think about it.

It's the problem of adulthood.  You have a job and can finally afford to buy any game you want, but you're so busy working that you don't have time to play any of them.  If you have a family vying for your attention it's even worse.

Games are for kids and college undergrads with too much free time.  And maybe retirees.  Yeah, maybe that's when I'll finally be able to play some of these games...if my eyesight and reflexes aren't shot to hell by then.

• Like 1

One time i was playing the original PlayStation resident evil with no memory card. I had enough green plants but was hoarding them and i was only limping slightly with my ekg on caution i think but when i went into the flooded basement the shark jumped up and bit my head off. 4 hours gone just like that.

• Retromags Curator

Dude.  I own at least 20 games for every one that I've played.  And that's just actual physical media games.  If we're talking digital...I don't even want to think about it.

It's the problem of adulthood.  You have a job and can finally afford to buy any game you want, but you're so busy working that you don't have time to play any of them.  If you have a family vying for your attention it's even worse.

Games are for kids and college undergrads with too much free time.  And maybe retirees.  Yeah, maybe that's when I'll finally be able to play some of these games...if my eyesight and reflexes aren't shot to hell by then.

As the saying goes:

When you're a kid, you have energy and time, but you don't have the money.

As an adult, you have energy and money, but not the time.

Once you retire, you have the time and the money, but not the energy. :)

*huggles*

Areala

Heh, I have a stockpile of anime and comics to keep me busy in the event of societal or internet collapse. Provided the electricity still works, that is...

Also, Hekuta, welcome aboard. I can relate to the RE story of yours, so much back tracking in that game... it was brutal.

I lost count of the number of times I have paid for Chrono Trigger. On SNES, virtual console, iOS port. DS port ...

That is certainly nothing to be ashamed of my friend.I've probably played it at least 5 or 6 times, and I've never actually owned an SNES. :P

Another shameful moment in my own gaming history? I've not only played, but beat, The Guy Game. Yeah, not proud of that, but I was certainly in the target demographic when it was released. Plus, it integrated three of my favorite things into the same activity: Gaming, boobies, and trivia!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Retromags Curator

I saw the Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde NES game at my local game store for 20 dollars. I ALMOST bought it but didn't.

That only would have counted as shameful if you'd followed through with the transaction. Unless the shame is that you even considered it? :)

*huggles*

Areala