Earliest Gaming Memory

landamo

What is the earliest gaming memory you have?

For me it was when I was 4 and I walked into my parents room and saw my dad playing a 2600. I remember he had a bunch of games next to the system and I asked him if I could play too and he let me play Joust.

For me it was being led away from the house to the corner store by my Mom so my Dad could secretly hook up the Atari 2600 they got their friends in Florida to mail up to us before it was available in Canada.

Got back home from the store and my brother and I were blown away. They also picked up Pac man to go along with Combat.

That was a Friday evening, needless to say I had an amazing weekend.

playing Legend of Zelda. i remember being blown away that my dad had found the entrance to level 5 after it felt like we had burned every bush and bombed every rock possible. you see, my dad wasn't a gamer really (he did love some Space Invaders tho!) so for him to discover this secret blew me away.

years later i found out that he heard some of his firemen friends discussing it and got some tips from them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm not sure if my earliest gaming memory was with the Atari 2600 or the NES. I remember being 5 or 6 and my first NES games being Top Gun (landing the plane :D ) and Metal Mech (which is awful) Then I got Street Fighter 2020 and Mafat Conspiracy, both of which aren't top-shelf but pretty decent.

My first gaming memory is at my aunt's and cousin's place..

Every weekend me and my mother visited my aunt, and my cousin had a NES.

The earliest memory of that is that my cousin owned Zelda II...

So I played the game, deleting his save file, but not on purpose.

He was mad at the times then, but later on I bought his NES with the game with it

• 3 weeks later...

Mine are going to my grandfather who was quite the electronics geek and playing pong on his older black and white CRT tv back in the beginning of the 80's.

My parents had a hard time prying me away from that screen.

I also remember he had stacks of old magazines, many of them listed but still missing on this website. I recognize many covers. Seeing the pics of the games in the magazines blew me away!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

NES the first Super Mario for me and duck hunt. I know I did see some arcades before that and played a few but I don't remember what games except the flipper machines but those are not vidya and while I don't remember I probably played some form of pong before that but so many years ago difficult to know for sure so Mario and duck hunt it is.