landamo

Earliest Gaming Memory

36 posts in this topic

Some memorable moments

Playing a tank game where it was a green unit that had two grip sticks for each player to control the tank. Was an top down view that looked like Atari 2600 graphics.

popping pacman into my atart 2600 and thinking "what the hell is this crap?"

popping in Super Thunderblade into my new launch day Genesis expecting to play the aracde version that I loved at home, booting it up, getting past the title screen and then thinking "what the hell is this crap?"

1 person likes this

It was a year before first grade i think when a couple of friends had game boys i think it was 1993-1994

1 person likes this

It is an Attari game in 1986!! I am just turned 4 and I can't remember the game!

oh this is going to make feel nostalgic!!

I was about 4 years old when my parents got my older brother an NES with Mario Bros/Duck Hunt. I remember being terrible at Mario and dying in the first level because I had no idea to hold down the B button in order to run before jumping.

The first game I ever played was TMNT on NES at a friend's house, it blew my mind and I was hooked. Unfortunately he moved soon after and I had to wait until my mom bought and SNES secondhand with super mario world

I got Turtles in Time for christmas and wanted to play by myself. My mom said I HAD to play with my brother so I got pissed and hid the cartridge. I then forgot where I hid it and couldn't find it for 6 months. When I found it I was so excited to play that I had no problem playing with my brother.

In my country there were these stores that rented out consoles.  You'd go to the store, pick a game to play for about a dollar an hour.  My dad would take me to this store as a reward for taking a haircut (I was four at the time).  It was only a few months later when my cousin passed her NES on to me since she had already gotten an SNES.