New Release: Electronic Gaming Monthly Issue 137 (December 2000)

E-Day

There's a slight problem with this issue. When converting to PDF I noticed the inside cover pages are out of order as a result of the fold out poster which results in pages 2d & 3 not appearing side by side correctly. I've struck this with scanning my issues and came with the idea of merging the three pages for the fold-out together then cutting in two. This looks like this .....

Image2.jpg

While the centre goes through the fold out page itself it does allow proper side by side viewing of the poster + corresponding page which is preferrable in my eyes to the non-uniform page display if you don't process it this way.

In case you are interested New Zealand/Australia got a locally printed edition with all the content intact except the cover which is ...

137-1.jpg

There's a slight problem with this issue. When converting to PDF I noticed the inside cover pages are out of order as a result of the fold out poster which results in pages 2d & 3 not appearing side by side correctly. I've struck this with scanning my issues and came with the idea of merging the three pages for the fold-out together then cutting in two. This looks like this .....

Is this a PDF-only issue? Everything looks fine to me and matches up in double page viewing in CDisplay double-page view (maybe not seamlessly, but well enough). Or are you suggesting that the version of the foldout you created (missing the "...and torn by conflict" page) should also be included? I don't have the issue in front of me to see how the actual fold-out works, but it appears that the "...and torn by conflict" page is capable of merging with both the "world ruled by destiny" page AND the "saviors can be destroyers" page, circumventing the character with the sword entirely. So I suppose you could include any number of iterations of the join, like this one:

Electronic_Gaming_Monthly_Issue_137_Dece

Yeah. I'm still fiddling with it to get it right. The middle page is the dragon but I was just trying to get across an alternate way of display the rather awkward triple page spreads side by side where if you display a standard page with the two page spread side by side it doesn't display very well in Adobe Acrobat. By joining the three pages together and splitting down the centre you do get a better viewing experience

With a cbr reader, the best option might be to keep the files as they are and also include single-page versions of both three-page joins, since any over-sized image will be displayed alone even when viewing in two-page mode (if you're using standard display configuration), allowing the entire join to be seen at once without interfering with the other pages.

I actually looked at this section extensively while checking this issue out and it seems ok to me.whats interesting was the editorial page doesn't have a page number. The advertising index lists pages 2,3,4,5,6,7 etc as the ads which they correctly are. And the editorial page just sits in there page less. Anyway I think the way eday did it looks good. Those 4 images really aren't supposed to be joined into one. There is the first two, and the second two.