E3 2016 - What was your favorite announcement? Disappointment?

So amongst the deluge of E3 2016 news, this happened. :)

One of my favorite games of all time - I played it repeatedly on the Sega Master System back in the day. This remake announcement was a total surprise and is easily my favorite E3 announcement thus far.

So what's your fav announcement of E3 2016? And I'm using "announcement" loosely here - maybe you're most excited to have seen more coverage of a game you already knew about (Zelda or Horizon or whatever), a remaster or special edition, etc.

Along with the Wonder Boy title, I'm looking forward to eventually learning more about the remastered Crash Bandicoot games, Spider-Man, and The Last Guardian. My son is especially excited for Halo Wars 2 Ultimate Edition (which will include a remastered Halo Wars 1 w/DLC), Sea of Thieves, and Skyrim Special Edition. We're all eager to dive into Zelda eventually.

Most disappointed by a lack of Nintendo's NX and Nintendo's software line-up in general. Zelda will likely be amazing but I didn't see much else in the way of favorite Nintendo IP.

I'm kind of making an ignorant guess, since I don't follow current gaming and have no idea what happened at E3, but I would imagine Nintendo might keep new hardware and IP announcements for the Tokyo Game Show. It makes sense to highlight Zelda at E3, since Zelda is FAR more popular in the US than in Japan. I work in elementary schools, and I've never once been greeted with anything but blank uncomprehending stares whenever kids ask me what games I like and I say Zelda. It just isn't that well known here amongst kids/casual gamers, at least not in recent years.

• Retromags Curator

A new Suda51 game. This might (might, mind you) get me interested enough to, at some point, acquire a PS4.

I'm only just now delving into the vast wonder that is the PS Vita though, so I'm a bit late to the game. :)

*huggles*
Areala

• Retromags Curator

No Man's Sky should get you interested in a PS4. It's the only thing the PS4 has that would make me get that console :)

"No Man's Sky" looks absolutely breathtaking, but boring as all hell. "Minecraft" on the PS3 held my attention for all of about an hour. "No Man's Sky" looks like it would do about the same, honestly. It looks like a grand idea for a game, and I hope it succeeds wildly, but it features absolutely nothing at all of what I find either interesting or compelling in a video game.

I look forward to everyone here telling me just how wrong I am. :)

*huggles*

Areala