(Done) Missing Magazine - Game Career Guide

RetroDefense

DONE!  Game Career Guide has been fully added to the system and is ready for indexing!

Gallery:

https://community.retromags.com/gallery/category/435-game-career-guide/

Magazine:

https://www.retromags.com/magazines/category/usa/game-developer/game-career-guide/

Publication (Game Developer):

https://www.retromags.com/publications/category/united-states/game-developer

Game Career Guide - an ongoing, annual magazine intended for readers contemplating a career in game development - was originally a sister publication of Game Developer magazine but is now handled by Gamasutra.com, itself steward of all things GDM after Game Developer was cancelled.

Name:  Game Career Guide

Websites:  www.gamecareerguide.com, www.gamasutra.com

Number of issues: 14

Distributed via trade shows, conferences and related events, some or all early issues - prior to 2008 - were available for purchase although I'm not sure if these ever appeared on traditional news stands.  With the 2008 issue and many following - perhaps all following? - the publication has been available free of charge.  Digitally, at least.

Despite Game Developer's demise in 2013, Gamasutra.com has continued publishing Game Career Guide with "Game Developer Magazine" or "Game Developer" still captioned on the cover.  It'd probably be best to include Game Career Guide as a sub-category under Game Developer, in similar fashion to EGM's Sega Force and GamePro's Code Vault.

The earliest issue I'm aware of was released in 2002.  Although I know a 2013 issue was planned, I'm not sure if it was ever released.  The issue may have been cancelled with the chaos of Game Developer ending that year.

Issue breakdown:

Fall 2002 (aka 2002 Game Career Guide)

Fall 2003 (aka 2003 Game Career Guide)

Fall 2004

Fall 2005

Fall 2006

Fall 2007

Fall 2008

Fall 2009

Fall 2010

Fall 2011

Fall 2012

Fall? 2013 (available in print only?)

August 2014

June 2015

---

7/8/16 edit - revised 2013 info (thanks TheRedEye!) 

7/16/16 edit - gallery link added

7/20/16 edit - magazine & publication dbase links added; flagged as done

Edited by RetroDefense

• 2 weeks later...

2013 does exist in print form, I just confirmed it, but it doesn't look like it was ever distributed digitally for whatever reason. Poking around as best I can to see if the PDF still exists.

(I'm ex-UBM and still friends with everyone involved with GCG)

• Like 1