help me find out which U.S. magazine front paged sub zero holding decapitated senator joe lieberman's head

orthicviper

i just verified it was from the magazine Video Games The Ultimate Gaming Magazine, but the oldest issue on this website is 56. Hopefully some day it will be on here.

That's interesting. I thought it started at 56 because it was spun off from "Video Games & Computer Entertainment" which ends at issue 55.

Is that not the case?

maybe i was wrong about it being on the cover of the magazine then. i'll figure this out once i get them downloaded.

I've never seen the image in question, but the idea of it being on the cover of any video game magazine strikes me as incredibly unlikely. Game mags aren't that political. Their primary audience back then was kids, and kids don't want to buy magazines with Joe Lieberman's face on the cover. It could have appeared in an article, but a cover? I doubt it.

• 1 month later...

i could be wrong about the image being on the cover but this depiction of sub zero is from the magazine Video Games The Ultimate Gaming Magazine

I don't recall any issue with this depicted on the cover.  And you may have confused Senator Joe Lieberman with California State Attorney General Daniel Lungren.  If so, you'll find what you're looking for in the February 1994 issue of Video Games: The Ultimate Magazine.  Page 10.

I don't recall any issue with this depicted on the cover.  And you may have confused Senator Joe Lieberman with California State Attorney General Daniel Lungren.  If so, you'll find what you're looking for in the February 1994 issue of Video Games: The Ultimate Magazine.  Page 10.

This might be what my faded memory was thinking about. If the state attorney replies in a follow up issue that his nephew showed him the image then I'll know it was what I was thinking about.