anyone up for internet multiplayer on some emulated games? Need players close to USA due to latency.

orthicviper

I feel like playing some 16-bit, arcade, and maybe 8-bit and 32-bit (if such emulators exist with internet play) multiplayer with some people, and who better than the folks here who love games enough to download old magazines about them?

I'd like to try SNES games like contra 3, legend of the mystical ninja, and some Genesis shoot-em-ups, and lots of other games though I'm not usually into fighting games unless it's saturday night slam masters or powerstone or something like that.

• 1 month later...

It's been a very long time since I've tried it, and I cannot remember which emulator it was, but I've played some Secret of Mana for a while, with someone over in Germany. I'm certain that it's mostly done with sports titles, but Shoot'em and Beat'em ups would be a blast to play over the internet. There has got to be a way to play MAME over the net, can you imagine 6 player X-Men, or Turtles in Time, maybe even a little Sunset Riders. :D

I'd totally play with you if we could get it set up and work out a time. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

It's been a very long time since I've tried it, and I cannot remember which emulator it was, but I've played some Secret of Mana for a while, with someone over in Germany. I'm certain that it's mostly done with sports titles, but Shoot'em and Beat'em ups would be a blast to play over the internet. There has got to be a way to play MAME over the net, can you imagine 6 player X-Men, or Turtles in Time, maybe even a little Sunset Riders. :D

I'd totally play with you if we could get it set up and work out a time. :)

i just now saw all these replies to this old post of mine! well getting this stuff set up is easy since the hardest part is just knowing the other player's ip address. Well are you still interested?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...