PSX Magazine first issue (Playstation Experience)

atomic837

Hey all,

Trying to get a read on some of the old game magazines I have. Collected many of the original Playstation mags back in the day, and have complete sets of many of the early publications. One that I have not heard much about is the first issue of PSX magazine - also known as Playstation Experience at one point. This is the Sendai publication that went on to become the original OPM in the US. Came out in mid 1995 before even the Playstation was released, with Michelle of Tekken fame on the front cover. I could have sworn that I heard somewhere that this one was fetching a high price on the market.

Also have the first issue of Dimension PSX, which was later renamed PS Extreme. None of these are on the site as downloads.

Can anyone chime in if there would be interest from the community to take these off my hands, or are they more just donation material?

The Retromags community is just that - a group of people working together to help preserve these pieces of history for everyone to share. Those of us who scan and edit the magazines available here DO inevitably spend our own money on mags and scanning equipment (not to mention countless hours of our valuable time) in order to make this happen. However, it goes against the spirit of the community to turn Retromags into a marketplace, so no money is going to exchange hands here.

If you're interested in helping out, you can either donate your mags for scanning or else scan and edit them yourself (this is best if you want to keep the mags after they've been scanned, plus it saves our already very busy scanners from even more work), but if you'd rather sell them, I'd suggest eBay as your best bet.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I have a few magazines that are still earmarked as missing that I would like to donate. Where can I send them to??

Hi Alex sorry know one has gotten with you, its best if you make a thread, list what you have that we are missing, and an interested party will get with you. It also helps to be upfront about if you are willing to pay for shipping or not or your terms of donation.

Hey all,

Trying to get a read on some of the old game magazines I have. Collected many of the original Playstation mags back in the day, and have complete sets of many of the early publications. One that I have not heard much about is the first issue of PSX magazine - also known as Playstation Experience at one point. This is the Sendai publication that went on to become the original OPM in the US. Came out in mid 1995 before even the Playstation was released, with Michelle of Tekken fame on the front cover. I could have sworn that I heard somewhere that this one was fetching a high price on the market.

Also have the first issue of Dimension PSX, which was later renamed PS Extreme. None of these are on the site as downloads.

Can anyone chime in if there would be interest from the community to take these off my hands, or are they more just donation material?

While waiting for a reply, what you could do is upload some cover scans to the gallery. It will help categorizing these magazines.

• Like 1