Nintendo Announces The Mini-NES, Will Play 30 Classic Games

Phillyman

I am in the market for original NES controllers. They need to be like new or very fine. Unfortunately the mini controllers are too short and their may be a compatibility problem between my computer.

Originals are 92 inches

NES-Mini are 30 inches

Credit to Polygon com for this picture

nes%20classic%20controller%202.jpg

There are of course 3rd party alternatives depending where in the world you are at you got different options but they arrive from the 30th of this month and some not until last of December, but they are coming, everything from turbo controllers to joysticks as well as wireless not to mention extension cables and regular controllers with longer cords.

Now I am not gonna really be of help here (maybe,) but perhaps if you didn't think about the option what you can get in the meantime or permanently is extended cables for the machine, micro USB and HDMI (make sure correct cables,) that will then allow you to have the machine near you so you may easily hit the reset button to enter the menu, for saves and changing games as well as turn it off.

• Like 1

If the obvious answer wasn't, "so they could sell you wireless controllers and extension cords," then I don't know what Nintendo was thinking with the cord length on these new controllers...

Now, seeing as how we're coming up on the 30th anniversary of the Sega Megadrive / Genesis, does anyone think Sega will do something similar? I hope they do, although there are numerous options already on the table for those systems. Kinda surprising, that you can already buy an emulated MD / GEN system, did Sega not push for copyright infringement in the least? Not that I mind, it's just strange to me in this day and age...

If the obvious answer wasn't, "so they could sell you wireless controllers and extension cords," then I don't know what Nintendo was thinking with the cord length on these new controllers...

Now, seeing as how we're coming up on the 30th anniversary of the Sega Megadrive / Genesis, does anyone think Sega will do something similar? I hope they do, although there are numerous options already on the table for those systems. Kinda surprising, that you can already buy an emulated MD / GEN system, did Sega not push for copyright infringement in the least? Not that I mind, it's just strange to me in this day and age...

Those Sega machines are licensed by Sega but they did make their own as well but they are just as awful. Maybe this will entice them to make one that is good.

They wanted to be consistent by making the cord mini as well. :)

Darn it Kitsu, I shouldn't have read that while eating hahaha... well played. Makes me wonder how proportional it all is though, you might be on to something there.

Those Sega machines are licensed by Sega but they did make their own as well but they are just as awful. Maybe this will entice them to make one that is good.

We can certainly hope!

• Like 1

Im conflicted here.  Half of me knows Sega will never do anything cool like a mini Genesis with new parts where Indi game designers can release.

Half of me knows all decisions are made by Sega Sammy Holdings and if they do release some cheap plastic toy it will be junk.

• Like 1

Im conflicted here. Half of me knows Sega will never do anything cool like a mini Genesis with new parts where Indi game designers can release.

Half of me knows all decisions are made by Sega Sammy Holdings and if they do release some cheap plastic toy it will be junk.

They care little about quality and haven't for a long time, don't forget the released full sonic titles that were literally unplayable. It is a shame but what can you do...

btw been enjoying the mini famicom all day. I love the thing and it works perfectly. I especially enjoy the titles that I never played that didn't make it out of Japan (a crime seeing how amazing they are.) Also love the fact they give you all manuals on PDF as they were originally printed.

If able to get it I can't recommend it enough. I'm not interested enough to get the American one but I'm sure it is as great a machine as this is. Still a little sour on tecmo bowl/bad punch out and not an EU version but If they ever do a European version I will get that but right now I am enjoying the hell out of this and the setting for scan lines crt really is spot on, the system even asks to change sides and insert disk as the famicom did, almost a 100% true to the original in every detail and the sound is the great and accurate which is what usually sucks when playing emulators.

Now I hope they make a SNES mini and Gameboy mini, would buy on day 1. I can also hope they release more games somehow by USB or something.

I think this is the most excited I have been for Nintendo since the N64 launch.

Now I hope they make a SNES mini and Gameboy mini, would buy on day 1. I can also hope they release more games somehow by USB or something.

I think this is the most excited I have been for Nintendo since the N64 launch.

I think Nintendo already beat you to the Gameboy mini... remember the GB Micro? Wish I would have had extra money to buy one of those, they had a cool design.