A couple of questions

joshc2000

Hey I am new here. I have a couple of questions. First about the cutoff dates. I am here for nintendo power issues. They no longer sell back issues so why is there a cutoff date? And will the cutoff date be expanded as those magazines get older? And what are the chances of this site acquiring issues 146-149 of nintendo power because it seems like no site has it either. Are there any other sites you get the magazines from? if so what are they?

• Retromags Curator

The cutoff date is there as a courtesy to the owners of these publications. Even though they are defunct and no longer being published, we don't want to step on any toes. This buffer gives them plenty of time to decide if they want to digitalize their issues and sell them for profit. We exist to preserve older magazines that may not have many physical issues left in circulation. Nintendo Power Issue 1 is much harder to find in mint condition, then Nintendo Power Issue 285. We roll forward the cutoff dates every January 1st, so eventually all Nintendo Power Issues will be available.

As for preserving issues 146-149, I can look thru my magazines to see if I own them. If anyone owns them, and wants to send them to me for preservation, just send me a PM. Or if anyone wants to buy them from eBay and mail them to me, just let me know. I am always down for scanning more Nintendo Powers :)