Where should Retromags fill holes first?

Phillyman

Where should we fill holes first  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these should we fill holes on first

• Electronic Gaming Monthly
    • GamePro
    • Nintendo Power
    • E-Day

• 3 weeks later...

Since we have a bump in traffic, where should we start filling in holes first?

Phillyman, would it be possible to build a page that displays a list of issues in order of their preservation votes?

Or maybe you already have this?  I believe it was discussed or linked at some point.

Phillyman, would it be possible to build a page that displays a list of issues in order of their preservation votes?

Or maybe you already have this?  I believe it was discussed or linked at some point.

Anybody want to take a guess at how far down the list you have to go to get to an issue that isn't EGM or Nintendo Power?  Might be more interesting to figure out what mags are getting votes that aren't already at the top of the scan piles.

• 1 month later...

@marktrade

Yes it really was.

M2 would have been the most powerful console of its generation (PS1 / Saturn / N64) and slightly better than a 3DFX Voodoo1 card in graphics. Would've been great if released in late 1996.  But by mid 1997 it was showing its age, one of the reasons it was canceled.  The early dev kits for Dreamcast were at least 3-4 times more powerful than M2 according to Warp's Kenji Eno who had experience working on both machines, two different versions of D2.

Incidentally, the issues of Intelligent Gamer's Fusion report on 3DO's successor chipset to the M2, known as MX.  I recall one of the articles stating MX was like M2 on steroids.

Edited by parallaxscroll

• Retromags Curator

Can we start filling holes with the early Tips & Tricks magazine? It seems like that section has been neglected. Same goes for the Game Fan magazines.

Gamefan is not allowed on the site. The content owner has told us not to make it available.

The Tips & Tricks section still needs to be resorted. I have two issues (August 1998 and June 2005) still waiting to be uploaded.

Can we start filling holes with the early Tips & Tricks magazine? It seems like that section has been neglected. Same goes for the Game Fan magazines.

Early Tips & Tricks are hard to come by. I regret not buying billmarioman's auction of them last year, though who knows how high that price would have gone.

Early Tips & Tricks are hard to come by. I regret not buying billmarioman's auction of them last year, though who knows how high that price would have gone.

Probably low circulation combined with the fact that lots of them probably got tossed in the trash around the point that people started realizing that it was much faster to just look up codes and faqs on the internet.

Probably low circulation combined with the fact that lots of them probably got tossed in the trash around the point that people started realizing that it was much faster to just look up codes and faqs on the internet.

It's such a cumbersome mag to track on ebay as well, since any search for it results in a ton of other magazines offering tips and tricks for everything from hot rods to country living.

• 1 month later...

If Nintendo Power is on here, does that mean some are missing?  I noticed it goes all the way to 285, and that not all of them are allowed, is this because not all of them have hit the 10 year or 15 year mark?  As for those that are missing, if I were able to find them on ebay and purchase them, how would I go about scanning them, would it be preferred that I completely take them apart before scanning to upload?  I'm new to the group but Nintendo Power is the reason why I'm here, as I grew up playing NIntendo consoles and platforms all my life, but this entire time I've been gaming "without power" and didn't get to grow up with these magazines.  I'm enjoying reading through them, especially the games I grew up playing as a kid to see them hype them up and make such a big deal out of them, it really brings me back to simpler times.  So if there's anyting I can do to contribute, I may be new but please let me know and I'll gladly join in!

If Nintendo Power is on here, does that mean some are missing?  I noticed it goes all the way to 285, and that not all of them are allowed, is this because not all of them have hit the 10 year or 15 year mark?  As for those that are missing, if I were able to find them on ebay and purchase them, how would I go about scanning them, would it be preferred that I completely take them apart before scanning to upload?  I'm new to the group but Nintendo Power is the reason why I'm here, as I grew up playing NIntendo consoles and platforms all my life, but this entire time I've been gaming "without power" and didn't get to grow up with these magazines.  I'm enjoying reading through them, especially the games I grew up playing as a kid to see them hype them up and make such a big deal out of them, it really brings me back to simpler times.  So if there's anyting I can do to contribute, I may be new but please let me know and I'll gladly join in!

Yes, only Nintendo Powers older than 10 years are allowed here.  Guides for scanning and editing can be found here, but the short answer is yes, you will generally have to completely debind a magazine in order to scan it properly.

https://www.retromags.com/guides

• Like 1

Yes, only Nintendo Powers older than 10 years are allowed here.  Guides for scanning and editing can be found here, but the short answer is yes, you will generally have to completely debind a magazine in order to scan it properly.

https://www.retromags.com/guides

Okay I'm fine with that, I don't have any of the physical copies anyway so if there's really something that we don't have here or can't find, I wouldn't mind buying a copy to take apart, sounds like fun.