Where should Retromags fill holes first?

Phillyman

Where should we fill holes first  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these should we fill holes on first

• Electronic Gaming Monthly
    • GamePro
    • Nintendo Power
    • E-Day

The Tips & Tricks Codebook section of the database has not been created yet, possibly due to incomplete knowledge about the title.  But while the answer to all your questions is indeed "yes," something you could do right away is add the cover to the gallery.

https://www.retromags.com/gallery/category/652-tips-tricks-video-game-codebook/

I tried to upload the cover i scanned. It's around 14mb, in jpg format, but i keep getting an error. -- I might use this mag as a test to see how it scans in my feeder though, since it's stapled, and not glue bound. But if it doesn't look good, i'll have to think about the 5 min per page for a glass scan. :cry:

Edit: Ahh, i see, rez twice the size as the other ones on the site. I'll try to make some adjustments.

8 hours ago, Cbeckner said:

I tried to upload the cover i scanned. It's around 14mb, in jpg format, but i keep getting an error. -- I might use this mag as a test to see how it scans in my feeder though, since it's stapled, and not glue bound. But if it doesn't look good, i'll have to think about the 5 min per page for a glass scan. :cry:

Edit: Ahh, i see, rez twice the size as the other ones on the site. I'll try to make some adjustments.

Yeah.  14MB? :lol:  Everything in the cover gallery should be under 1MB.  The maximum resolution allowed is in the cover gallery is 1920px high (but smaller is OK). 

When scanning a mag you plan to upload here, the pages should be saved at 2200px high (or more).

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Anime mags are just as important and cool as gaming mags but no one seems to be scanning them. Euro game mags are also fascinating and have somewhat spotty scanning. A lot of Spanish mags are scanned especially some of the bigger ones. French mags have scans but some are really awful and there's big gaps in them. Euro mags are also readable to me or at least easy to translate. Korean and Japanese are much harder for me to read.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Retromags Curator
13 hours ago, AnonymousMOS said:

I'd love to see US version of PC Gamer get filled.  I have to live with the knowledge of throwing my collection away years ago. 🙄

Thankfully, we're seeing quite a few of those getting uploaded lately! :)

*huggles*
Areala :angel:

• Like 1

• Retromags Curator

I think everything has been scanned. And I think I've sorted and renamed everything.

What I can do is make a list of everything that has been scanned that is not already available on the site or that I didn't already work on. Then those who are interested can pick what they want to edit and I can get them the files.

I'll create a post with all this and the easiest way I've found to deal with working with PDF files.

• Like 2

• Retromags Curator

Several those are coming in scanned form :)

A new folder was uploaded a couple weeks ago of "missing" scans; I guess those are ones that got missed among all the others or didn't get uploaded previously to Dropbox. I have those now and have to sort and rename them (50 issues). Once I sort and rename them and weed out what is already on the site I can start making the scans available to those who want to edit and release them on the site here.

At some point I would like to have the PDF versions available on here as well. They have searchable text :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Recently noticing some new X360 cover scans and hoping that is good sign these are coming.

See its marked for Issue 1 as not allowed but isn't it after the 10 year cutoff for this one?

Really hoping to see some of the first issues being preserved.  Would certainly try to obtain and donate any that are missing but being in the US makes getting these UK mags very expensive.

• Like 1

Thanks I do know of oldmags but site is in midst of moving and I did not receive an email to new site.  Does anyone know if Kiwi is here as user as I dont think he is looking at old site since I sent private msg over there about it.

But yes that site and this one are a gold mine to folks like myself that are nostalgic.

• 10 months later...