CUPodcast Mentioned Retromags!

Phillyman

• Retromags Curator

Of all the Saturdays that I had to work, this morning I started getting alerts that Retromags was experiencing higher than normal traffic. Thought it was weird, came home later on tonight and tried to track down what was going on. We weren't getting traffic from a URL, so then I found it......it was a mention on CUPodcast. I have been a fan of the Angry Video Game Nerd for years now, and thru his Youtube channel I found PatTheNESPunk, due to the cross over with the Nintendo World Championships AVGN episode. I was always slightly disappointed that Retromags never got a shout out on AVGN when they covered the Nintendo Power magazine, but I guess it would be hard to fit it into the narrative of that type of show.

Anyways, I am honored each time we are mentioned, if many of you don't know.....we actually were mentioned in RetroGamer years back.....I think it was issue 45, it had Nights on the front cover with an Xmas theme. Well here is the episode if anyone is wondering, and to welcome the CUPodcast members, I have lifted OVERALL download limits for New Members, and only imposed a SIMULTANEOUS download limit, to prevent any over zealous user from trying to download all 1000+ of our magazines at once :)

• Like 1

It's interesting that they criticize the various news sources for reporting that Nintendo was responsible for putting the scans up without fact-checking, but they don't mention the fact that every single issue had a splash page at the end making it clear that they came from Retromags.  In fact, I don't think I've ever heard anyone mention that fact somewhere other than this site.  Makes me wonder if anyone actually read an issue all the way to the end.

• Like 1

I have been a fan of the Angry Video Game Nerd for years now, and thru his Youtube channel I found PatTheNESPunk, due to the cross over with the Nintendo World Championships AVGN episode.

I haven't seen the CUPodcast clip yet. But it's funny that you mention, that is exactly how I stumbled upon Pat The NES Punk. Hopefully we get more people on here. The more people on here, means a better chance of getting scans we don't have and better preservation numbers.

Congrats Retromags! :D

Edited by Samhain

Of all the Saturdays that I had to work, this morning I started getting alerts that Retromags was experiencing higher than normal traffic. Thought it was weird, came home later on tonight and tried to track down what was going on. We weren't getting traffic from a URL, so then I found it......it was a mention on CUPodcast. I have been a fan of the Angry Video Game Nerd for years now, and thru his Youtube channel I found PatTheNESPunk, due to the cross over with the Nintendo World Championships AVGN episode. I was always slightly disappointed that Retromags never got a shout out on AVGN when they covered the Nintendo Power magazine, but I guess it would be hard to fit it into the narrative of that type of show.

Anyways, I am honored each time we are mentioned, if many of you don't know.....we actually were mentioned in RetroGamer years back.....I think it was issue 45, it had Nights on the front cover with an Xmas theme. Well here is the episode if anyone is wondering, and to welcome the CUPodcast members, I have lifted OVERALL download limits for New Members, and only imposed a SIMULTANEOUS download limit, to prevent any over zealous user from trying to download all 1000+ of our magazines at once :)

I wish I had got the mags in time.