Question about the GI section.

DPsx7

I've said a bunch of times I want to unload some mags and clean up around here. Maybe this will be the time. I know we can't archive GI but we do have some covers in the database. Before I decide what to do with the mags I would upload just the covers for the last year or two. The database only goes to Jan 15 and I need up through this month.

Does someone want to add new entries or are we going to consider GI off limits to honor their request?

I see I have 3 more for the NP section. I can upload and edit 2 of them but the last is an alternate cover for issue 215. Where do I put that?

The alt cover can go in the same cover gallery as the rest of the NP issues, just make sure to title it accordingly following the format of the rest of the files.  It would be nice to also be able to include alt covers on the database page, but I don't think the software allows for more than one cover per issue.

I've said a bunch of times I want to unload some mags and clean up around here. Maybe this will be the time. I know we can't archive GI but we do have some covers in the database. Before I decide what to do with the mags I would upload just the covers for the last year or two. The database only goes to Jan 15 and I need up through this month.

Does someone want to add new entries or are we going to consider GI off limits to honor their request?

I've updated the Game Informer section through October 2016.  Although the magazine is exempt from preservation we still plan to continue cataloging, indexing, and scanning covers.  Thanks!

Not sure how you named those files, I just go by issue number when I clean up the scans with 'Shop. They'll be in my gallery and then we'll see about getting them into the right places. No it only allows one because I asked this once before.

Thanks RD. I'm aware GI isn't going to be preserved here but at least I can provide some cover images before finding the mags a new home or recycling them.

I'm having some trouble with the site. I don't know when it started, maybe it's when I upgraded for FF 47 a few months ago. I can't use the shoutbox.

It's not Adblock, this site is whitelisted. I don't have any other errors.

*I forgot to resize my images... Derp. Problem 2 isn't a problem now.

**One went through and it's so big it's screwing everything up. Can I delete it from here or do I need to ask for help? I renamed it 'delete', should be easy to tell which one.

Not sure how you named those files, I just go by issue number when I clean up the scans with 'Shop. They'll be in my gallery and then we'll see about getting them into the right places. No it only allows one because I asked this once before.

Not every mag follows the same naming format unfortunately, but naming files is still pretty simple.  Just look at the files already in the gallery you want to upload to and name your file in the same format.  For example, Nintendo Power covers are all named like this: "Nintendo Power Issue xxx", so if you're uploading #225, it should be named "Nintendo Power Issue 225".  That way you can upload it directly into the correct gallery and it doesn't have to be renamed and moved later.

**One went through and it's so big it's screwing everything up. Can I delete it from here or do I need to ask for help? I renamed it 'delete', should be easy to tell which one.

OK, it's been moved into the trash.  I can't remember if regular members have this option or not, but if you click on one of the images you uploaded and have a button in the lower left corner called "image moderation" that allows you to "edit image", you can choose to "upload a new image" which will replace the old file with the new one.  If not, just let us know and we can delete it for you.