Areala Asks: Your Intro Theme (20160919)

Areala

• Retromags Curator

Hello, Retromags denizens. It is I, your lovely retro goddess, descending once again from on high to ask you a question which will feel compelled to answer. This one should be fun for all.

Wrestling stars have entrance theme music to introduce them to the ring prior to a match. You don't have to be a wrestler, but assume you could choose one piece of music to be your 'entrance theme', played to announce your arrival whenever it would be appropriate (or inappropriate, I suppose, depending on your desires): what piece of music do you pick? Feel free to link a YouTube video so the rest of us can imagine your intro theme whenever you show up in a new thread. :)

Are you the type who feels the need to hype everybody up with the theme song from Rocky? Are you some kind of asshole who sees nothing wrong with inflicting the Macarena on the rest of the world each time you emerge from your apartment? Somewhere in between on the continuum? Let your intro theme fly!

For a change, I'm grabbing mine right now so nobody else can claim it. My intro theme is 'Caramelldansen' as you've never heard it before:

*huggles*
Areala

• Like 1

I've actually never heard the original version of that, either.  But if it's from Sweden, I suppose there's GOT to be some metal covers. :)

As for opening themes, I've got two, depending on if I'm a hero or villain.

HERO:

I might have gone with "The Touch," but Dirk Diggler kind of tainted that one a little bit.  And besides, I always liked "Dare" better anyway.

VILLAIN:

Keeping with the TF theme, I'll go with the "Attack on the Shuttle" theme which is straight up "bad-guy" music after the first 10 seconds:

Edit: Ooooooh....inspired by Areala's remix, I did a search for metal remixes and youtube did not disappoint.

• Like 2

I might have gone with "The Touch," but Dirk Diggler kind of tainted that one a little bit.  And besides, I always liked "Dare" better anyway.

Kid you not - was coincidentally listening to this when I viewed your post.  :)

Stan Bush's Dare wouldn't be my intro theme but it is a song I've requested as an exit theme.  If you know what I mean.

• Like 1

will have to ponder this for a time and report back.

in the mean time, let me share a related memory:

so i got married a couple years back, we had an outdoor wedding. in my walk down (yes, MY walk down. the groom in fact did walk down on his own!) i entered to "Pomp & Circumstance", best known as a graduation song, but to me will always be "Macho Man" Randy Savage's entrance theme. It was sort of a rock remix from when he was in WCW in the late '90s, but the same song nonetheless. and YES, i did enter with the same panache that he always did. the way i saw it, it's likely the only time i'll ever ACTUALLY have entrance music so i needed to make the most of it.

• Like 1

I grew up with it ... Emulated it.... so i guess it's natural I'd go with the nWo Wolfpac theme ^_^ (Not to mention while in marching band we got to actually play a band version for it... the one lone cool moment in a very bad four year stretch)

i'm a bigger fan of the original nWo theme. with Hendrix's riffs you can't go wrong.

you know what? yeah. i'm picking the nWo theme as my entrance tune.

4 LIFE!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...