Mortal Kombat 3D games or 2.5D (Mortal Kombat 2011 and Mortal Kombat X)

I would like to know what people here think about the current Mortal Kombat games, that is the current generation Mortal Kombat X and last gen MK9 vs or compared to the 3D Mortal Kombat games, these games being MK4 MKDA, Mortal Kombat Deception and Mortal Kombat vs DC.

I have seen many comments all over the internet of people praising 2.5D MK games (9 and X) and how they are ''back to the basics'' ''back to the origins'' and stuff like that and I just can't believe how some think everything or whatever Ed Boons throws at us MK fans is good or an improvement over already proven better technology/fighting environments (arenas).

Here are my strong points as to why Mortal Kombat should have been only 3D and fully 3D meaning both characters and Arenas with 3D movement side stepping moving all around the Arena

1.- The so called ''back to the basics'' ''back to origins'' nostalgia comes only from the fact that up to MK3U MK Trilogy all MKs were 2D and people want that fighting style/gameplay to come back but what people seem to forget ar neglect is that these games and all games of that era like let say Super Mario World, etc were only 2D because of hardware restrictions, they were that way because 3D technology was not available at the time or was in development and the most at that time was some pseudo 3D like SNES Wolfenstein ''3D'' so all games back then were made like that for the only reason not because they (the developers) wanted to but because they had to.

In this day and age Mortal Kombat in other than 3D makes no sense this includes so called 2.5D, asking for this is like saying ''why don't they release the next GTA using the same gameplay/technology as Grand Theft Auto 2 or Grand Theft Auto 1997 (the first and original)'' or ''why don't they release the next Mario using only 3D characters in 2D world/environment just to resemble Super Mario World nostalgia'' or better why don't watch TV in an old black and white CRT TV set 480x360 resolution that nowadays not even the people who owned them back in the 60s would change for the Full HD LED screens of today not even for a second of nostalgia, they only had to watch these TV sets because that was the TV technology available at the time, they had no option.

2.- Mortal Kombat was the fighting game series that better adapted to 3D Arenas, better than Tekken and way better than Street Fighter Plus or Dead or Alive so moving back from something they mastered in a decade from MK4 (1997) to Mortal Kombat vs DC (2008) was a big mistake.

3.- As explained 2D fighting was great back then but not anymore with today's technology, 2.5D fighting gameplay makes you feel restricted in the space you can and wish you could move around, you feel like a bird in a cage in a 2D plane only able to move back and forward and up (jumping) and down (crouching) it limits a LOT the possibilities how the battle could unfold, less variables less processing power being used which results in underused PS3, PS4, XBox360 or XBoxOne hardware.

4.- 3D fighting gameplay is more realistic and thus make the fight seems more ''realistic''. By ''realistic I mean is that it mirrors better a fight in our 3 Dimensional world, just look at Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan, Jet Lee or Van Damme movie or even at UFC, where in the hell are fights restricted to a 2D environment just think how ridiculous and unnatural would be for the UFC carrying a fight in a thin 50 centimeters (19.685 inches) wide space and tell the fighters you cannot move outside this 40 or 50 cms wide, 15 meters (50 feet) long line, that would be ridiculous and unnatural.

5.- 2.5D just looks like ''extremely good looking remakes of old MK games'' this is what I think when I play Mortal Kombat (2011), an extremely good looking Mortal Kombat 3/MK3U

This is my opinion of why I think 2D or 2.5D Mortal Kombat games have no reason to be in this day and age and prefer the MK in full 3D as they should have been made all since MK4, so if people have nostalgia and want back to the basics then the most logic would be to play the original games of back then using good old SNES, Playstation, Sega Genesis, Arcade and/or MAME which faithfully reproduces the Arcade experience.

What is your opinion what do you think about it.

Another point I forgot to mention that is also important

6.- With 3D fighting games like Mortal Kombat you can sidestep/rotate allowing to change the angle from where you are seeing the stage/background, you can have different perspectives/views of the stage what is good and give it a fresh air instead of being restricted to watching the same backgroud from a static perspective all the 90 seconds of the 2 or 3 rounds, beter to rotate and see the stage/background from different angles than just one which makes it boring