New Release: GamePro Issue 128 (March 2000)

E-Day

• Retromags Curator

Geez!!!

Everyone sounds like it's Xmas or something.

I released this issue at OGM back in January. Obviously no-one around here visits my site so I guess I'm just going to not bother scanning any more GamePro or EGM from here on out. That's fine with me. I have plenty of other stuff to work on.

Sorry Kiwi, I had no idea. :) I visit OGM for your computing mags, especially the non-US publications. It never occurs to me to flip through your US video game mag sections. :)

*huggles*

Areala

• Like 1

Don't worry about.

I get a little sick of the fanboy noise some people around here make every time E-Day releases an issue but when I release issues, even those too new to be made available here, there's a deafening silence. As I said, I have plenty of other magazines to scan in my collection so I'm calling time on these two titles. People can wait for E-Day to release the issues I have in my collection sometime in the future when the year restrictions have moved. If he has them of course ....

• Like 1

Not to disparage anyone's efforts, but I kind of hate GamePro, so I wouldn't download it no matter who scanned it.  But there are two solutions to your problem:

1.  Upload your scans to both sites.  You ARE a team member here, after all, and lots (most?) of people who download from our site never even go beyond the front page, so they're completely unaware of anything you post in the forums about scans available at OGM.  I know you sometimes give permission for someone else to convert your files and upload them here, but if all of those unedited raws languishing at archive.org have taught us anything, it should be that people are lazy and if you want anything done you have to do it yourself.

2.  Upload your scans to only OGM, comfortable with the fact that not everyone visits both sites and so you're doing it primarily for the benefit of visitors to OGM, and just shake your head and shrug your shoulders in bemusement every time someone here or elsewhere devotes their time scanning a mag you've already made available.

Maybe if we ever get that system we've been talking about put into action (where we mark mags that have been preserved elsewhere), this will all become moot.

Don't worry. It's all fixed. I'm not scanning any more issues   :)

I have far better magazines to spend my time scanning like Computer Games: Strategy Plus, PC Format, PC Gamer etc. I did make CBR versions available at one point but Sean697 said something to the effect that my scans weren't good enough hence leaving it to others to decide whether to upload them here or not.

Like you I don't have any particular loyalty to these magazines. 

• Like 1

I have far better magazines to spend my time scanning like Computer Games: Strategy Plus, PC Format, PC Gamer etc. I did make CBR versions available at one point but Sean697 said something to the effect that my scans weren't good enough hence leaving it to others to decide whether to upload them here or not.

Well I don't want to speak for everyone, but if less GamePro means more of everything you just listed, I COULD NOT POSSIBLY APPROVE MORE. :Yahooo:

• Like 2

• Retromags Curator

Well I don't want to speak for everyone, but if less GamePro means more of everything you just listed, I COULD NOT POSSIBLY APPROVE MORE. :Yahooo:

You'll be disappointed then because I have a huge stack of GamePro to scan. I have several Nintendo Power as well, but far more GamePro. I have gone through everything else I have, so you'll have to suffer with my GamePro scans for a while :)

• Like 1

You'll be disappointed then because I have a huge stack of GamePro to scan. I have several Nintendo Power as well, but far more GamePro. I have gone through everything else I have, so you'll have to suffer with my GamePro scans for a while :)

No, not disappointed at all, and my personal opinion of GamePro has nothing to do with appreciating anyone who scans it for those who enjoy it (I support any and all preservation!)  It's great that you're scanning GamePro and Nintendo Power.  There's a huge demand for those from people wanting to relive their childhoods.  What I was saying is that since you convinced Kiwi that he's wasting time by scanning American mags because his efforts go unnoticed and the mags he scans just get rescanned here, he's going to focus instead on mags I actually enjoy reading.  So you get to continue scanning GamePro and Nintendo Power (making Retromags users happy) and Kiwi gets to scan magazines written for a more grown-up audience like Computer Games: Strategy Plus, PC Format, PC Gamer, etc, making ME happy. :)  Although to be honest, 90% of the mags I download have always been from Kiwi anyway, so nothing much is changed by this, except perhaps the frequency with which they'll be released.  I do realize I have different reading habits from the typical RM member.  No doubt as a result of playing games on computers for years as a kid before even hearing about the NES and being exposed to console games, so even though I loved looking at all the pictures in Nintendo Power as much as the next kid, I also appreciated magazines that had lots of interesting content to read.

• Like 2

Thanks god i would like this "suffering" :3 (btw im refering only to me "suffering" no other members ><)

Geez!!!

Everyone sounds like it's Xmas or something.

I released this issue at OGM back in January. Obviously no-one around here visits my site so I guess I'm just going to not bother scanning any more GamePro or EGM from here on out. That's fine with me. I have plenty of other stuff to work on.

i didnt know!! o god i just went to ogm and im downloading issues oct 1999 nov 1999 and dec 1999 those are missing at retromags.com THANKS!!  . why you didnt upload here too...i would love to read any missing gamepro 

added ogm only for the gamepros xD

Edited by Melki