Nintendo Switch Reveal Trailer

Nintendo has finally unveiled their new console. It is called the Nintendo Switch. Apparently, it's an extremely portable unit. You plug it up to the TV at home, bring it with you, and the console even has its own screen that can stand on a table. The controllers are actually plugged onto a separate platform and can be unplugged to plug back onto the portable screen. The best part is you can plug in a normal controller (Switch Controller Pro) if you so desire.

Here is the list of developers and publishers currently signed up to support the Switch. Seems to be the largest support I've seen since the SNES era. Even Skyrim is in the trailer as well. Elder Scrolls has never been on a Nintendo console. Best wishes to Nintendo for a successful next generation.  Oh, it's still coming out March 2017. 

Read all about the Nintendo Switch here:  http://www.gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-switch-reveal-trailer-and-all-the-new-det/1100-6444626/

505 Games
Activision Publishing, Inc.
ARC SYSTEM WORKS Co., Ltd.
ATLUS CO., LTD.
Audiokinetic Inc.
Autodesk, Inc.
BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc.
Bethesda
CAPCOM CO., LTD.
Codemasters®
CRI Middleware Co., Ltd.
DeNA Co., Ltd.
Electronic Arts
Epic Games Inc.
Firelight Technologies
FromSoftware, Inc.
Frozenbyte
GameTrust
GRASSHOPPER MANUFACTURE INC.
Gungho Online Entertainment, Inc.
HAMSTER Corporation
Havok
INTI CREATES CO., LTD.
KOEI TECMO GAMES CO., LTD.
Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd.
LEVEL-5 Inc.
Marvelous Inc.
Maximum Games, LLC
Nippon Ichi Software, Inc.
Parity Bit Inc.
PlatinumGames Inc.
RAD Game Tools, Inc.
RecoChoku Co., Ltd.
SEGA Games Co., Ltd.
Silicon Studio Corporation
Spike Chunsoft Co., Ltd.
SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD.
Starbreeze Studios
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc.
Telltale Games
THQ Nordic
Tokyo RPG Factory Co., Ltd.
TT Games
UBISOFT
Ubitus Inc.
Unity Technologies, Inc.
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
Web Technology Corp

Edited by ctophil

I don't like the connecting and disconnecting portions, since I dispise things wearing out quickly. But with that viewpoint, Nintendo is trying to make it more portable due to the incredible popularity and combining of mobile devices and gaming. They are catering to the majority. As for me, I don't even take my portable game consoles with me during travels anyway. So, with the Switch, I'll leave it at home 100% of the time, no wear and tear there.  B)

I am quite interested in the Switch, although the name can use another brainstorming session.  :P  With the huge 3rd party support, I believe Nintendo is going places with this console. Ubisoft, EA, and number of large publishers are very excited and believe Nintendo has done a good job this time.

As I always say, yes, the Switch is a pretty "gimmicky" console. But let's face it, Nintendo likes to try new things. All I want to see are really cool games on this console, especially JRPGs.

Something else I like about the Nintendo Switch is how small the system really is. It's like the size of a large tablet. The portable screen is the console itself. Nintendo always seems to pull off console sizes smaller than the competition. The Xbox One and PS4 are enormous comparably. It doesn't have any moving parts either (like a disc drive), so you can surely put it on the side, unlike the PS4 and Xbox One. It will definitely save a lot of space.

I like the SD Card-style games. I'm sure loading times will be instantaneous, and you don't have to worry about scratching any kind of discs. The game boxes will be smaller as well, similar to Nintendo DS and 3DS games.

This is going to be another portable gameboy with the players divided.

Everybody wants or has 1 or more of the 3

PC

Playstation 4 Neo

Xbox One Scorpio

Children 16 and under will want NX but most wont have both.

To hit a good price point the touch screen will be bad quality.

If it doesn't get 5 hours battery life many will be turned off.

We prefer to play popular modern games on the most powerful computer.  This will be weak.

• 3 weeks later...

It isn't gonna replace my iPhone outside, not gonna replace my iPad at home or when traveling and if I want great Nintendo games I go retro and Skyrim remaster I got on a computer. People might get a bit hype now but this is gonna fail out the gate. Personally just waiting for Nintendo to stop making consoles unless they are retro and drop their library on computer and iOS/android.

Also wtf were they thinking with a 720p screen.

I wouldn't be shocked to learn later that their net profit on the NES mini classic edition will be greater than on the switch.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I think if Nintendo stops splitting their resources between having to support both a portable and a console, and instead the Switch becomes their sole platform, then the Switch will be a hit. People will have a main system be it either PC or PS4/Xbone, and then the Switch can be their side system.