Magazines to donate

Alex1

Hi guys,

I have a few old magazines I found cleaning up. I don't want to keep them but would like to donate them to the community.

I am willing to pay for postage as long as it is not expensive. I was advised to post them and see who would be willing to do the work for preservation. 

These are the mags that I have found that are all listed as missing on this site or are just out of the preservation range.

I live in the Netherlands so anywhere in Europe would be preferable.

• EDGE  ISSUE 118. Christmas 2002. (NOT ALLOWED)
  • EDGE issue 35. October 1996. MISSING
  • CD rom today multi media tool chest may 1996. MISSING
  • Ultimate future games issue 1. MISSING.
  • Ultimate future games issue 12. MISSING.
  • Ultimate future games issue 14. MISSING.
  • video games and computer entertainment. Issue 22. November 1990. MISSING.
  • Ultimate gamer issue 2 september 1995. MISSING.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I see that there have been no reactions thus far. any advice from anyone what I can do? Right now I have no time or knowledge about scanning.. I would love to donate to some one but no one seems interested. I would not mind shipping to the USA if prices are not too high either by the way.

• Like 1

• Retromags Curator

I'm not sure we have any European members who actively scan at the moment, which might be why no one has responded yet. Shipping to the US from Europe is generally expensive. I'm not one of the scanners here, so while I'd enjoy having them, I don't have any way to get them up here other than sending them to someone else. :)

*huggles*
Areala

Hi guys,

I have a few old magazines I found cleaning up. I don't want to keep them but would like to donate them to the community.

I am willing to pay for postage as long as it is not expensive. I was advised to post them and see who would be willing to do the work for preservation. 

These are the mags that I have found that are all listed as missing on this site or are just out of the preservation range.

I live in the Netherlands so anywhere in Europe would be preferable.

• EDGE  ISSUE 118. Christmas 2002. (NOT ALLOWED)
  • EDGE issue 35. October 1996. MISSING
  • CD rom today multi media tool chest may 1996. MISSING
  • Ultimate future games issue 1. MISSING.
  • Ultimate future games issue 12. MISSING.
  • Ultimate future games issue 14. MISSING.
  • video games and computer entertainment. Issue 22. November 1990. MISSING.
  • Ultimate gamer issue 2 september 1995. MISSING.

Hiya,

I don't normally reply to posts offering magazines on Retromags as I run my own website so do not want to be seen to be poaching content however I can advise that Edge 118 has already been scanned and is available over at OGM along with issues 2, 3 & 4 of Ultimate Future Games so I'd be really keen to acquire your issues of that magazine along with Edge 35 to fill in some blanks in the archive. I live in New Zealand however so I'm guessing postage will be a fair bit. If you are willing to look at it get a cost to ship to Auckland, New Zealand and if it isn't out of the ballpark expensive let me know and we'll try and work things out.

Kiwi

Hiya,

I don't normally reply to posts offering magazines on Retromags as I run my own website so do not want to be seen to be poaching content however I can advise that Edge 118 has already been scanned and is available over at OGM along with issues 2, 3 & 4 of Ultimate Future Games so I'd be really keen to acquire your issues of that magazine along with Edge 35 to fill in some blanks in the archive. I live in New Zealand however so I'm guessing postage will be a fair bit. If you are willing to look at it get a cost to ship to Auckland, New Zealand and if it isn't out of the ballpark expensive let me know and we'll try and work things out.

Kiwi

I like in Hamilton, NZ and also have a few books to donate:

A few King of Fighters '98 strategy guides (Japanese) and a few official sheet music books (also Japanese):

Final Fantasy VII

Chrono Trigger

Legend of Zelda Collection

Final Fantasy IV

and a few sheet books from Rurouni Kenshin (anime).

My only thing is that I would like them via .pdf files. You can keep the books afterwards.

I don't normally reply to posts offering magazines on Retromags as I run my own website so do not want to be seen to be poaching content however I can advise that Edge 118 has already been scanned and is available over at OGM along with issues 2, 3 & 4 of Ultimate Future Games so I'd be really keen to acquire your issues of that magazine along with Edge 35 to fill in some blanks in the archive.

Kiwi

If it means they'll get scanned, then poach away. :)

I like in Hamilton, NZ and also have a few books to donate:

A few King of Fighters '98 strategy guides (Japanese) and a few official sheet music books (also Japanese):

Final Fantasy VII

Chrono Trigger

Legend of Zelda Collection

Final Fantasy IV

and a few sheet books from Rurouni Kenshin (anime).

My only thing is that I would like them via .pdf files. You can keep the books afterwards.

I debind the magazines/books to scan them to go through the document scanner so getting them back is not really an option but yes, I only use PDF format on my website so that wouldn't be a problem.

Maybe you could send one through that is less important to you and I'll scan it and you can see if the quality is acceptable to you? The only problem I have is whether or not they would attract the attention of the publishers and their lawyers if we made them available.

Edited by KiwiArcader

Hiya,

Kiwi

Hi everyone. In addition tot the other magazines I mentioned I also found some other magazines:

Nintendo Magazine System (UK):

- issue may#8

- issue oct#25

- issue sept#36

- issue jan#40

- issue mar#42

- issue apr#43

- issue july#46

- issue june#45

- issue sept#48

Computer and videogames (UK)

- issue no 154 (Sept 1994, DKC Cover)

Other then some dutch magazines for now that is it. I have some boxes elsewhere that might have a few more, but won't be cleaning those out for now.

Kiwi. Let me know if there is anything you are interested in from this lot. I will then go see what the shipping would cost.

I debind the magazines/books to scan them to go through the document scanner so getting them back is not really an option but yes, I only use PDF format on my website so that wouldn't be a problem.

Maybe you could send one through that is less important to you and I'll scan it and you can see if the quality is acceptable to you? The only problem I have is whether or not they would attract the attention of the publishers and their lawyers if we made them available.

Awesome! I can send you the sheet music books first. They've already been bound, sadly, but no worries. It'll make it easier to access the pages. 

Nintendo Magazine System (UK):

- issue may#8     (YES)

- issue oct#25

- issue sept#36   (YES)

- issue jan#40

- issue mar#42

- issue apr#43

- issue july#46   (YES)

- issue june#45   (YES)

- issue sept#48   (YES)

Computer and videogames (UK)

- issue no 154 (Sept 1994, DKC Cover)   (YES)

(Yes) besides the mags listed above are not available on OGM so I am definitely interested in acquiring those as well to fill in the blanks.

• 1 month later...

Just to let everyone know that Alex1 sent me the mags packaged excellently and they are really nice condition. Any scanning members here on Retromags looking at his magazines for the purposes of scanning for the site can rest assured that he delivered as promised for me and I have no hesitation in acquiring further mags from him if required.

Any issues of his that I process will be noted on my W.I.P page and if someone wants to convert them to CBR format and make them available here go for it. Can a Mod look at changing his status to reflect his donations please?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎20‎-‎01‎-‎2017 at 9:11 AM, KiwiArcader said:

Just to let everyone know that Alex1 sent me the mags packaged excellently and they are really nice condition. Any scanning members here on Retromags looking at his magazines for the purposes of scanning for the site can rest assured that he delivered as promised for me and I have no hesitation in acquiring further mags from him if required.

Any issues of his that I process will be noted on my W.I.P page and if someone wants to convert them to CBR format and make them available here go for it. Can a Mod look at changing his status to reflect his donations please?

Thanks for the compliment and the status change! Just trying to make a little contribution to something so close to my heart.

Also, the way that Kiwi has handled the scanning and editing is top notch and I wouldn't hesitate shipping more magazines to him for preservation.

I do have a few boxes in the basement that still need to be weeded out, so who knows what I will find there (no idea really).