Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

Data

**NO Spoilers**

The film was rather simple for how long it is.  It covers the story between Ep III Revenge of the Sith and Ep IV A New Hope from the perspective of the rebels.
In typical Star Wars fasion you will need to endure the usual Star Wars gaffs such as a hundred storm troopers who cannot hit anyone with their blasters, unless they are murdered execution style of course.

Door locks can be opened simply by shooting them with a blaster.  Computer terminals will execute the appropriate  operation by smashing it.  And now that disney is involved, they won't allow a women to get hit by another man, only by another woman as well as being able to overcome two highly trained soldiers who's job it is to kick ass and take names, but I'm sure I'm the minority on this.  I always liked Princess Leia for having the courage to stand up to the Imperials and sass Vadar, and many others did too.  Or else it was seeing a women wearing a coconut bikini ensemble while a fat slug gurgled with delight.  I assume feminists will enjoy the heroin role again, if only because their seems like a "score" to settle.

The leader of this group is the daughter of the Death Star engineer.  Her father feels guilty for building such a destructive weapon but cannot do anything to stop it.  So instead he becomes even more involved with the construction and plants a major design flaw in the Death Star's reactor core.  

The final 30 minutes were intense.  The rebels fight a battle against insurmountable odds and the visuals were fantastic.  Physics people may enjoy the end when the Imperial ships are colliding with each other.  It seemed more realistic than what I've seen in previous SW films.

If this movie didn't have Star Wars in the title it would not make any sense unless you know to watch a New Hope after.  Overall it seems like Star Wars is a marketing product that will be milked dry one day.  As a fan of the original, but hated the prequels, I feel like something is missing.  Something I likely won't ever find in the Star Wars Universe.

I'd have to give the movie a 7 because it wasn't that bad.

• Like 1

I honestly feel like perhaps I need to watch 3, rouge one, followed by 4 to see what else they missed, but overall this movie is being praised by many star wars fans, as it explains so many unanswered questions.  I will say though that I didn't like the ending, I don't know how true this is, but word is that Disney had them redo 40% of the movie, now this may be for the better or it may be for the worse, but I really feel like the ending should have ended a different way but don't want to give off any spoilers, or is this topic assuming that anyone who chooses to read it complies that there's going to be spoilers anyway, the movie has been out for a little over a week now lol

I honestly feel like perhaps I need to watch 3, rouge one, followed by 4 to see what else they missed, but overall this movie is being praised by many star wars fans, as it explains so many unanswered questions.  I will say though that I didn't like the ending, I don't know how true this is, but word is that Disney had them redo 40% of the movie, now this may be for the better or it may be for the worse, but I really feel like the ending should have ended a different way but don't want to give off any spoilers, or is this topic assuming that anyone who chooses to read it complies that there's going to be spoilers anyway, the movie has been out for a little over a week now lol

Pick One.

ROG4SMD.jpg

That's not really what I meant, the ending doesn't need to end like one of the other movies necessarily, I'll wait for another couple of weeks before I go deeper into it because I can't make my point without actually talking about it.

*No Spoilers yet*

You'll be fine if you watch Rogue 1 through 5 before watching Rogue -2 through 0 because they were so obiously written as an after thought.

The best part of Rogue One was the ending.  It verifies what they talked about in the original Star Wars movies such as the sacrifices made by the rebels.

*No Spoilers yet*

You'll be fine if you watch Rogue 1 through 5 before watching Rogue -2 through 0 because they were so obiously written as an after thought.

The best part of Rogue One was the ending.  It verifies what they talked about in the original Star Wars movies such as the sacrifices made by the rebels.

oh yeah all of that was fine, it's the "girl gets saved by guy who supposidly died" that was SO LAME, they could have did something better with that.

• Like 1

just got out of the theater. LOVED this film. didn't follow rumors/set photos/trailers/casting or any of that, so it was fully new to me.

the new characters were all awesome if a bit undeveloped. the stuff with Vader is fantastic. i want to go into so many details but am refraining due to the spoiler thing, but definitely watch it.

• Like 1

*Still No Spoilers*

I've been watching  the reviews of Rogue One and there are so many of them.  The franchise is extremely popular.  I made some tables.

The 1st table shows the average score between the pessimistic IMDB and the Optimistic Rotten Tomatoes.  They weren't very different from each other besides Phantom Menace.

USYeW5d.jpg

The 2nd table is the amount of times I have seen or estimate myself watching again.

FZ6fZZQ.jpg

And finally the 3rd table is only my perception of how I feel about the entire series to date considering originality and the overall feel of the movies compared to each other.

The originals are maxed out because they were more or less objectively perfect.  The following three were bad and the recent 2 are better for reason I won't get into at the moment.

GwIAjgu.jpg

• Like 1

if i were going to rank all 8 movies (from worst to best), i would put them as follows:

Ep 1- Phantom Menace

Ep 2- Attack of the Clones

Ep 7- Force Awakens

Ep 3- Revenge of the Sith

Ep 4- New Hope

Rogue One

Ep 5- Empire Strikes Back

Ep 6- Return of the Jedi

now, this order is DRASTICALLY different than it would have been a few years ago. When they released the 6 pack on Blu-Ray all together, i made myself a Star Wars weekend. Up until that point, Ep 1 was the worst, but Ep 6 was one that i never really cared for. Upon the rewatch, i found that i REALLY liked that one. i couldn't believe it, as i always had Empire as the top.

Also, i want to point out that i really did like both Episodes 2 and 3, so Force Awakens falling in between them is not a knock on it. The only SW movie i legitimately have no love for is Phantom Menace. Well, and the Holiday Special, but for obvious reasons i'm not counting that. (although if an official bluray ever comes out, i will buy it day one).

• Like 1

*No Spoilers yet*

oh yeah all of that was fine, it's the "girl gets saved by guy who supposidly died" that was SO LAME, they could have did something better with that.

*SPOILER*

It's hard to believe anyone could walk into a cutting edge military installation with heavily armed and trained staff without running into one of them.  How exactly would Jyn have

saved the day

without all the help she had?

So I am guessing one of the filler movies in the couple of years will be "Steal the plans for the second Death Star" and call it "Rogue Two" or "Rogue Redux"?

Personally though, I quite liked this latest movie. Far more interesting than The Force Awakens. The ONLY thing that was redeeming about that movie was Kyle Ren's tantrum's and the Blu-ray 3D version is pretty darned nice.

Not to nerdsplain or anything, but Bothans died obtaining the plans to the second Death Star in RotJ.  So the answer to your question is zero. :)

D'oh! My mistake, but in my defense I haven't seen any of those movies since about 2010... Nice comic in the post above by the way.

Personally though, I quite liked this latest movie. Far more interesting than The Force Awakens. The ONLY thing that was redeeming about that movie was Kyle Ren's tantrum's and the Blu-ray 3D version is pretty darned nice.

You mean Darth Whiner? Captain Needsanap? As far as villains go, they just keep getting worse in Star Wars movies. To be fair, they started out with Darth Vader. Kinda a high bar they set with that guy. There was a sense of dread just being in the room with the guy, didn't matter who you were or what you do for the Empire, dude can kill you with a thought, and might just do that. You don't know, he might just be having a day. But is he gonna throw a fit and cry over it? Nope, just gonna kill the first person who looks at him the wrong way.

But... he'll still need a tray. The food's hot.

If I were to list my favorite Star Wars movies from best to worst, they would have to be

Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

Star Wars Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back

Star Wars Episode VI - Return of the Jedi

Rogue One - A Star Wars Story

Star Wars Episode III - Revenge of the Sith

Star Wars Episode VII - The Force Awakens

Star Wars Episode I - The Phantom Menace

Star Wars Episode II - Attack of the Clones

My reasoning for this is, if I'm getting to the point, is that episodes 4 5 and 6 have the most consistency throughout the movies.  Rogue One explains how they got the plans to the death star and how the Rebels could figure out how to destroy something so massive.. I loved Rogue one and have already seen it 3 times in theaters. I loved the action in Episode 3, I get goosebumps every time I see the final battle.  Star Wars Episode 7 just.. idk, I saw it multiple times in theaters, it got great ratings, I love it for bringing the Star Wars franchise back, I just didn't think it was as great as so many people claim it is.  Star Wars Episode 1.. Jar Jar.  Star Wars Episode 2 just felt like a love story.

• Like 1

My reasoning for this is, if I'm getting to the point, is that episodes 4 5 and 6 have the most consistency throughout the movies.  Rogue One explains how they got the plans to the death star and how the Rebels could figure out how to destroy something so massive.. I loved Rogue one and have already seen it 3 times in theaters. I loved the action in Episode 3, I get goosebumps every time I see the final battle.  Star Wars Episode 7 just.. idk, I saw it multiple times in theaters, it got great ratings, I love it for bringing the Star Wars franchise back, I just didn't think it was as great as so many people claim it is.  Star Wars Episode 1.. Jar Jar.  Star Wars Episode 2 just felt like a love story.

That list is nearly the same as mine but I would like to add some points.

- 4,5 and 6 started a trend of space movies.  Great ones anyway and George Lucas was free to go wild with his ideas.  This made tying all the plot holes in the future movies difficult.

- Episode 7 dissapointed me because the story was boring besides the appearances of the original cast.

- Episode 1 and 2 tried too hard explaining why 4,5,6 are the way they are.

- I've been generous with the new movies because even though I've outgrown them, I still want to be objective for others. 

• Like 1