EGM 2005 overrated games

czar

I'm trying to track down a citation for an EGM list of overrated games. It started quite a few flame threads in its day. If the list actually exists, I think it's likely in either March or April 2005 based on online forum posts. Since I wasn't able to find an issue or page number, I'm not sure whether it exists, but I'd be curious to see a scan if it does.

Mentions:

• Retromags Curator

This was published in the April, 2005 issue of EGM. Unfortunately it falls outside the date range for archival here at RGM until 2020, so we don't have a scan available. If somebody wanted to scan the individual pages for this article and post them in the thread though, I don't think that would constitute a problem. But I can confirm this was printed in issue #190. :)

:angel:

*huggles*
Areala

Thanks! Yep, just looking for the citation information (name of section, author if listed, page and issue numbers). I'm finalizing the Wikipedia article on Donkey Kong 64 so following my last few leads. If someone could type out the blurb on the game (if that's preferable to scanning the single page), that'd work too. Appreciate the help

• 2 weeks later...

wait. Donkey Kong Country is #2 on their list of most overrated games? wtf.

all one needs do is look at our thread of best SNES games (https://community.retromags.com/topic/6660-top-10-super-nintendo-titles/#.WGyqYlMrKM8) and see that almost every single person lists DKC as a top 10 title. 

in a rare bit of continuity, i've been replaying it the last week or so. i haven't touched it in 10+ years, so i'm not so great at it, but i'm having a blast.

Wait a minute, EGM putting something out that got gamers up in arms, and it WASN'T in their April issue? Something doesn't seem quite right here.

I'm still trying to unlock Shen Long. Haven't done it yet, but I am getting REALLY good at SF2!