Can you identify the game the art is for?

E-Day

• Retromags Curator

Those of you who have been here for a few years may remember a post I did in March 2012 about illustrator Marc Ericksen. If not, there is the link, with a bunch of broken images. Very helpful.

The short story is that he illustrated the covers for five or so issues of GamePro, a plethora of game box art, such as Tengen's version of Tetris, Galaga for the Atarai 7800, and probably the most famous of which is Mega Man 2 for the NES. If you are on this site, you know his work.

Anyway, he is doing a project for a retrogaming museum in Berlin and they would like him to do a piece of art for them. He is using one of his old pieces, which he believes was done in the 90s for and ad in a gaming magazine. I do not recognize it, but hopefully someone here does.

Image 1 smallerfile.jpg

Does this look familiar to anyone?

• Retromags Curator
4 hours ago, E-Day said:

Those of you who have been here for a few years may remember a post I did in March 2012 about illustrator Marc Ericksen. If not, there is the link, with a bunch of broken images. Very helpful.

The short story is that he illustrated the covers for five or so issues of GamePro, a plethora of game box art, such as Tengen's version of Tetris, Galaga for the Atarai 7800, and probably the most famous of which is Mega Man 2 for the NES. If you are on this site, you know his work.

Anyway, he is doing a project for a retrogaming museum in Berlin and they would like him to do a piece of art for them. He is using one of his old pieces, which he believes was done in the 90s for and ad in a gaming magazine. I do not recognize it, but hopefully someone here does.

Image 1 smallerfile.jpg

Does this look familiar to anyone?

@E-Day:I'd bet virtually anything that's artwork he did for "Super Spy" on the Neo-Geo. :)

punching.gif

superspy063.png

hqdefault.jpg

*huggles*
Areala

• Like 1