Long shot - EGM issue with img of a moogle wearing a Phish shirt

NurCat

Hi all,

This is totally a long-shot - in the late 90s or early 2000s, there was an issue of EGM that, somewhere inside it, had an image of a Moogle wearing a Phish shirt. It was supposed to be a "stoner-moogle" joke or something; I forget the context. I loved Final Fantasy and Phish, so high-school me cut it out and hung it on my wall, but it's long gone. I've been searching online for this image or pouring through whatever old EGMs I can find, but I just can't find this image anywhere anymore. It was pretty small, like 6 inches maybe, as part of a bigger layout on a page.

What are the chances someone knows what I'm talking about, and what issue it was in so I can find it again? Thanks so much!

- Nur

• Retromags Curator
2 hours ago, NurCat said:

Hi all,

This is totally a long-shot - in the late 90s or early 2000s, there was an issue of EGM that, somewhere inside it, had an image of a Moogle wearing a Phish shirt. It was supposed to be a "stoner-moogle" joke or something; I forget the context. I loved Final Fantasy and Phish, so high-school me cut it out and hung it on my wall, but it's long gone. I've been searching online for this image or pouring through whatever old EGMs I can find, but I just can't find this image anywhere anymore. It was pretty small, like 6 inches maybe, as part of a bigger layout on a page.

What are the chances someone knows what I'm talking about, and what issue it was in so I can find it again? Thanks so much!

- Nur

Hello Nur,

I'm not familiar with the particular image you're talking about, but I may be able to help narrow it down for you. My guess is you'll be looking for an issue of EGM from around the time Final Fantasy IX came out on the PS1, which was November of 2000. I would pay particular attention to Envelope Art and other outside submissions, since this sounds more like a reader-submitted image than something the art department staff would have drawn up themselves, although I could be wrong about that. :)

*huggles*
Areala

• 4 months later...

I know exactly the image you're talking about! But unfortunately my EGM collection is so vast and I don't know the particular issue.

However I can say that I first started buying EGM in 2002 so I believe you may want to look at 2002 issues.