What Retro Game are you playing now?

twiztor

• 4 months later...

I started playing Fallout on PC. It is an interesting game; I don't know that I've ever played a PC game where you are so encouraged to think of new tricks or ideas on how to get through the game. It feels like many video game RPGs are designed around pure attack/fighting as the only way to get through, a la early Ultima/Wizardry and their numerous followers. It is cool to play one where you can find other ways of getting through the game. I don't think it is anywhere close to being comparable to a good tabletop campaign though.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I never had an SNES when they were new (my attention was on other things than video games at the time), so I am now exploring all of the great RPGs that I had missed.

I have just started Chrono Trigger. Despite it being almost 26 years-old, the graphics are still impresssive, and the gameplay has surprising depth. 

• 2 weeks later...

I’m focusing on Super NES games, with the Super Famicom’s 30th anniversary last year, and the North American release’s anniversary in August! Then, I’m playing the Capcom Arcade Stadium games. It’s handy for celebrating Street Fighter II’s 25th anniversary! Ghosts ‘n Goblins Resurrection is like playing a retro game, being heavy on Ghosts ‘n Goblins & Ghouls ‘n Ghosts stages. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/28/2021 at 3:13 PM, WalterFCannon said:

I’m focusing on Super NES games, with the Super Famicom’s 30th anniversary last year, and the North American release’s anniversary in August! Then, I’m playing the Capcom Arcade Stadium games. It’s handy for celebrating Street Fighter II’s 25th anniversary! Ghosts ‘n Goblins Resurrection is like playing a retro game, being heavy on Ghosts ‘n Goblins & Ghouls ‘n Ghosts stages. 

I'm so terrible at Ghouls & Ghosts...i can't even make it past the first level lol. I guess I could try harder.

• 7 months later...

I'm replaying all the old Civilization games and doing a video series about to play them in HD on virtual machines. Also working to preserve thousands of old lost Civ2 scenarios.

The above can get tedious sometimes so to take breaks I've been replaying my beloved childhood game Wonder Boy in Monster Land for the Sega Master System. I'm trying to do a freaky time tricks to get triple monster kills and a super high score. Might do a video series show that some day too.