Franchises That Need To Put Out a New Game!

• 9 months later...
10 hours ago, GamerZylo said:

Gex the Gecko; between the internet as a whole, all these different streaming services, and the slow death of tv, I think there'd be something for Gex to work with as a comeback.

You know what? I like it, a LOT. Who would you have do the voice though? I think Jimmy Carr could be fun in that role...

I still have my long box copy of the first game. :)

12 hours ago, te72 said:

You know what? I like it, a LOT. Who would you have do the voice though? I think Jimmy Carr could be fun in that role...

I still have my long box copy of the first game. :)

Probably get Dana Gould to come back; assuming he would decline then I don't know, not too familiar with a lot of voice actors.

Nice; I had the long box as a kid, no idea whatever happened to it though. Still have the discs for all three games though plus the two Game Boy games. 🙂

Dana Gould did the UK version, correct? If I recall correctly we got Dana Carvey here in the US. It's been a minute or two since I last played a Gex game. That was one of the few 2D series that actually made a good jump to 3D. Kinda surprising that the series didn't ever have any entries past the PS1 era...

Dana Gould was the NA voice of Gex in all three games as well as the UK version of Gex 1. UK Gex 2 had Leslie Phillips as the voice actor and UK Gex 3 had Danny John-Jules.

It's definitely odd, especially since there was still some kind of interest back then if Gex's appearance in Mad Dash Racing is anything to go by.

8 hours ago, te72 said:

Dana Gould did the UK version, correct? If I recall correctly we got Dana Carvey here in the US. It's been a minute or two since I last played a Gex game. That was one of the few 2D series that actually made a good jump to 3D. Kinda surprising that the series didn't ever have any entries past the PS1 era...

Dana Gould was the US voice, it was someone different in the UK.

I stand corrected, thank you. Seems it wasn't until Gex 2 and 3 that different regions had different voice actors for Gex.

I could possibly see the series getting a new release at some point, looks like Square Enix owns the rights to it. Then again, they also own the rights to the Legacy of Kain series, and well... we see how that turned out.

• 2 months later...

I recall enjoying Splinter Cell from a technical perspective, the gameplay was good. I was always more a fan of the MGS series though. Shame they're both seemingly dead at this point.

Weird as this will sound, I think the best "stealth" game I've seen in the last few years is probably RE7. Talk about getting discovered being a bad thing!

I also really appreciated the ability to utilize stealth in Breath of the Wild. :)

• 2 years later...

One of my favs was Syphon Filter, but every installment seems to score lower than the last. I had a lot of love for the Tenchu series, but it disappeared shortly after the PS2 version. I got Tenchu Z on Xbox 360, but it was so basic. I always wanted a modern-looking Tenchu with good graphics, and some new mechanics. I liked the DeathSpank games but there seems to be no chance for any more since the developer switched to phone games and has no desire to go back to console. Seeing Ron Gilbert return for the series would be nice as well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StrykerOfEnyo said:

One of my favs was Syphon Filter, but every installment seems to score lower than the last. I had a lot of love for the Tenchu series, but it disappeared shortly after the PS2 version. I got Tenchu Z on Xbox 360, but it was so basic. I always wanted a modern-looking Tenchu with good graphics, and some new mechanics. I liked the DeathSpank games but there seems to be no chance for any more since the developer switched to phone games and has no desire to go back to console. Seeing Ron Gilbert return for the series would be nice as well.

Have you played Ghost of Tsushima? I may have likened it once or twice to a modern Tenchu. Great game!

12 hours ago, te72 said:

Have you played Ghost of Tsushima?

Not yet, I do have a PS4 but I often wait for a good sale. I never thought of it as a modern Tenchu, but you are right. A modern Tenchu would need to embrace new design and not just play like the old games. I know the team behind Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice originally started planning it as an installment of Tenchu, but that quickly changed into something else. Thanks for reminding me of Ghosts, I will keep a lookout for a sale soon.