Video game magazines in need of a home who will treasure them

Silvercube

Hi everyone! This website is amazing (I've been following this site for years). As such, I would like to give back to members like each of you and donate some video game magazines that may hopefully be added one day here (if they are not already).

The only catch is that you would have to be willing to drive to pick them up in South Florida (I can drive as far as Orlando to donate them). I am not shipping them, the costs would be way too expensive! Sorry :(

I have video game magazines from as far back as 2002 from Nintendo Power, Gamepro, Tips & Tricks. I also have a few issues of GamrNOW (or something of that kind, it was a Ziff Davis publication), Play (these are more recent issues), and some Gamepro Code Vault and Xbox Nation and other random issues.

I also have a collection of Official Xbox Magazines (the US version) with the demo disks from 2006 and onward.

These magazines were my childhood and I treasure them. As such, I hope the person who gets these magazines will treasure them too. They are all in great condition (pretty much) though some may have subscriber tags on them.

I would prefer to donate all of these magazines at one time. They are neatly packed in small boxes (about 5 or 6 boxes, maybe more). I am in Florida until March 8. If I don't hear back, I will bump this thread again when I return. Thanks :)

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

I'll actually be visiting Orlando with my mother the first week of January, but

a) This thread is so old it's extremely unlikely the OP is still trying to unload them

b)I'm not really sure I'd want all those mags anyway.  I'd just have to turn around and dump them into my storage unit before returning to Japan since I'll already be bringing Whiskcat's donations back with me to be scanned.  So the earliest I could bring them back with me and start scanning them would be next year (as in 2019).:unsure:

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone, it's been awhile since I've been on this site, though I am back again to offer anyone the above-mentioned collection, plus some more I found.
I will be renting a car near the end of May and can drive as far as to Orlando.

I have boxes of:

Official Xbox Magazine + demo discs, a few of Xbox Nation
Tips & Tricks
Nintendo Power
GamerNow
GamePro
Game Informer
Electronic Gaming Monthly
Plus some other random video game magazines.
Some as far as back as 2001, many also from 2006-2010-ish.

About 10 small boxes (imagine a box size a little bit larger than an Xbox 360 box). You could probably fit them all in a car trunk + back seats.
These magazines I hope would be used for this wonderful website in some way to preserve in the future.

Since no one who contributes anything around here lives near Florida, it might be better to have a more detailed list of what issues you have.  Then it could probably be arranged to have just those issues that are needed shipped to someone who can scan them (shipping everything would be expensive and wasteful if a bunch of your collection isn't needed.)

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks, I got it. If you need more pictures I can also share some more with you, of Pocket Games Magazines please let me know.  Those are all of the Pocket Games issues I have, they were difficult to find in stores growing up.

I will be uploading more magazines over the next two weeks which includes:

Xbox Nation, Tips & Tricks, Gamepro, Gamepro Code Vaults, Electronic Gaming Monthly, Official Xbox Magazine, GameNOW, Gamer, Nintendo Power Advance, Game Informer,  and a few issues of PC Gamer, Official Playstation Magazine, and PSM. *whew* This is going to take awhile, so stay tuned :) I will be listing them mainly as lots, and will give everyone here a heads up when they are posted with links.

I posted some pictures of the PSP issue on the listing now. The first one had a bit of a shadow effect from camera, the second one is more how it looks like. Not too easy taking pictures of the water wear.
Also uploaded now:

Playstation The Official Magazine Premiere Issue: https://www.ebay.com/itm/254239232719

Nintendo Power Advance Issues 1 and 2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/254239242597

PSM Magazine PS3 Launch Special Issue 117: https://www.ebay.com/itm/254239234854

Xbox Nation Issues 7-9; 16: https://www.ebay.com/itm/254239240517

GameNOW issues 18-19; 24-27 (27 is final issue): https://www.ebay.com/itm/254239224385

Official US Playstation Magazine Final Issue (Issue 112): https://www.ebay.com/itm/254239228256

There are some rare specials on my ebay storefront as well, including the final issue of Nintendo Power and rare 40+ poster supplement if anyone is interested.

This concludes the listings I'll be posting for May. These were the easier issues to post. Next month after June 3 I'll begin with the larger lots of Tips & Tricks, Tips & Tricks Code Vault, Gamepro, Gamepro Code Vault, Game Informer, Electronic Gaming Monthly, Official Xbox Magazine, and some other minor small lots such as PC Gamer and Gamer.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally, the OXM lot of magazines listing is live on ebay:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/254265328223

I've started the bidding price very generously considering how far back these issues go. If you're looking for an extensive collection of OXM issues with their demo discs, this is a great opportunity :)

• 2 months later...

Thanks everyone who took the time to comment and  private message me over the last 2 years since I posted on this thread. It took a lot of time to list the magazines -- though in the last 4 months I was able to sell my entire video game magazine collection on ebay. Ironically, the most-time consuming list was posting my entire Pokemon Card collection, which sold on ebay too last month.

The only video game magazine I decided to keep was the first issue my brother and I ever purchased, Gamepro #134 which had a great feature about the Dreamcast and that's where we found out all about Final Fantasy VIII and the whole series, a sentimental issue we'll be holding on to. (If you haven't read this issue before. RetroMags has it available to download and it's a pretty good read!)

Was certainly emotional bringing all of these boxes of magazines to the post office, the last 3 boxes are going out this week. I think for many of us, there is not just a historical element to these magazines, though also some very deep sentiments involved in them. I thought growing up I'd keep them all forever, though I started becoming a minimalist - it's nice that I can download many of the old issues here on this site when I'm missing those old days.

My final retro-video game related item I have up for auction is a Super Nintendo with 8 games if anyone is interested. https://www.ebay.com/itm/254340142305
It's a great deal considering how Super Mario Kart, Mario Paint, and Sim City combined can get pretty high in value these days.

@jonphilmitch Good luck with tracking down the last 2 issues of Pocket Gamer!!

• Like 1