Sunsoft Game Time News (Need database entry)

Sean697

So I am going to start scanning in the issues of the Sunsoft Game Time News newsletters.

I need a database created. Also if anyone has additional information to fill in.

So far through researched Ive more or less confirmed the following.

The numbering only lasted the first 3 issues. (Vol 1 . Number 1-3). After that it was just by season or month. 

1. Sunsoft Game Time News issue 1: There is no known info I could find on the internet on this. Only that it has a 1988 release date. Need a cover scan or any information on release. A true mystery.

2. Summer 1988- Vol 1 issue 2. I can get a cover image.

I will be scanning the following issues and have verified with multiple sources these are the rest that exist.

3. Winter 1989- Vol 1 issue 3

4. Fall 1989

5. Special Christmas Edition 1989

6. Spring 1990

7. Summer 1990

8. Winter 1991

9. Spring 1992

10. Fall 1992

Any information people have would be appreciated. But ill need a database created.

9 hours ago, Sean697 said:

Honestly it could go in the Magazine Database as it's similar to Nintendo Fun Club News.

Don't discourage him.  Nintendo Fun Club News and Sunsoft's newsletter can both go in the brand new newsletter DB.  But it's the DB DB I'm really looking forward to.  It's gonna take RM's usefulness to a whole 'nother level.

Until I have a place to put these.... I uploaded the 3 issues I have done so far to the file server in my folder staging area. Including cover images. Will continue to stage them there as I complete them till I can get them on the site when database and DL and Gallery sections made.

I was actually wondering - do newsletters even need a cover gallery?  The "cover" of most newsletters is basically page one of articles/text with a title logo at the top.  Considering that the new software allows cover images to be uploaded directly into the database entry itself (separate from the cover gallery), might that not be a viable option?  Just a thought...what do you guys think?

43 minutes ago, kitsunebi77 said:

I was actually wondering - do newsletters even need a cover Gallery?  The "cover" of most newsletters is basically page one of articles/text with a title logo at the top.  Considering that the new software allows cover images to be uploaded directly into the database entry itself (separate from the cover Gallery), might that not be a viable option?  Just a thought...what do you guys think?

They actually have a pretty formal cover. With title and sometimes a large image. 

10 hours ago, Sean697 said:

They actually have a pretty formal cover. With title and sometimes a large image. 

All righty then.  Cover gallery is in place.

I do feel like there will be certain publications that no longer need a cover gallery, though.  In the past, the image on each issue's entry in the DB was always linked from a gallery folder, but the current software doesn't require this at all, and an image can be added directly to the DB entry itself without being uploaded to any album.  So for any publication (I'm thinking mainly newsletters) where there isn't any unique cover art, there wouldn't really be much reason to want to browse the covers, and as such, there would be no reason to create a gallery folder. The cover (or first page, such as it is) could simply be added directly to the DB entry instead.  Now more than ever, the cover galleries function strictly as picture viewers.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...