Zelda's Adventure

MartinIII

I was doing research on this game for Wikipedia and ran into an unexpected stumbling stone: I can't seem to find any evidence that it was ever released in North America. I haven't been able to find any coverage of the game in the major North American gaming magazines of the time (Electronic Gaming Monthly, GamePro, etc.), whether previews, news, interviews, or reviews. Looking on Ebay (the US Ebay, at that), the only listings I can find for Zelda's Adventure are the PAL version. Sites like GameFAQs likewise only have images of the PAL box art.

Was Zelda's Adventure a Europe-only release? If not, what year did the game come out in North America?

• 4 months later...

According to Retro magazine, this one was released here in the US, but in rather limited numbers. Check out the Zelda themed issue if you like (it is a good one), they had a feature on the CDi games.

I remember seeing at least one of the three in a Sears when I was a kid, thought it rather strange that a Zelda game wasn't on a Nintendo system... Either way, from what I understand, you're REALLY not missing anything by not having played it.