MASSIVE PC Gamer UK Collection for sale OMFG

I just can't get over the price.  The damn things cost £ 5-6  apiece and this guy's got a buy it now price of £ 20 for nearly 150 issues.  Insane.  It's like he's giving them away.  I think he's offering free pickup as well, which makes sense, given how expensive shipping would be even to someplace within England.  Too bad we don't have any scanners there.

My brother-in-law is returning to the UK in a few weeks time but there's no way in hell I'd ship them to him to keep in his basement for me. I almost had divorce proceedings instigated on me this weekend over the current pile of mags I have awaiting scanning.

Very touchy subject at my place at present. It's going to have to be stealth delivery for the next lot of Computer Games"Strategy Plus mags or I'm literally "gone burger" .... :help:

Maybe if you develop a drinking problem it will draw attention away from the magazine problem.:lol:

I wonder how much of the problem is due to the space being taken up and how much is due to all of the time you spend scanning/editing.  Maybe you just need to slow down the pace and spend a little more free time with the Mrs.?

1 minute ago, kitsunebi77 said:

Maybe if you develop a drinking problem it will draw attention away from the magazine problem.:lol:

I wonder how much of the problem is due to the space being taken up and how much is due to all of the time you spend scanning/editing.  Maybe you just need to slow down the pace and spend a little more free time with the Mrs.?

What are you saying? :o

If I drop off the pace it'll take even longer to finish scanning the mags which means even longer she complains about it. I think it was the fact I have a four foot high pile of mags by my desk more than anything. She doesn't like clutter (and magazines) so this gave her the perfect excuse on both counts.

You aren't really being honest with yourself if you think that pile is going anywhere, though, are you?  It's just gonna get bigger unless you stop acquiring more, and that doesn't seem to be happening.  So I'm just suggesting your best tactic might be to attack the problem from a different angle.:)

• Retromags Curator
14 hours ago, kitsunebi77 said:

If that's all it takes, I bow to your godlike skills.  Somehow I suspect it will be a bit more complicated than that.;)

If it's more complicated than that, you're doing it wrong. Just sayin'. ;)

*huggles*
Areala

• 1 month later...