Dvd Authoring?

dstryr420

Does anyone know how to create a dvd from a bunch of video files, and make buttons such as a 'play all' button, a 'next' button for going between pages in the menu (like, some shows will be on a second page, they wont all fit on the first page"? I'm looking for the software to do this with, and if anyone has a tutorial or something on it.. .thanks

I had DVD Author installed... i looked at it, and i didnt understand much, but looking at it again now, i think i know what i want to do.. .thanks

my one other question i'd have to ask is about changing an existing dvd. I have a dvd with a bunch of 3 stooges movies on it. There are 24 shorts, and two menu pages- page one has a button to play all, or to go to the next page. Thing is, I want to replace one of the shorts (each is a title) with another video file. (the one on the dvd has a part missing, and I have an mpeg file with the full version. Any easy way to do this? or at the very least, extract the menu background image so I can redo the dvd on my own?

lemme know if you can think of anything. thanks so much for your time!

-Jason

I have done something similar before. You can rip your 3 stooges DVD to your hard drive using DVD Decrypter and then add whichever titles that you want to the new disc during the authoring process. I have never used DVD Lab myself, only TMPEGEnc DVD Author. I recommmend checking out videohelp.com as the forum there has alot of helpful guides and experienced people who could give you great advice on this type of project.

i thnk i have encore somewhere, it sounds really familiar... ill give that a try too.

and i think MBJ's idea with dvd decrypter sounds good.. .thats what i normally use

I kinda figured out some stuff with nero vision I never knew before, it seems a lot more powerful than it looked at first- so if anyone's interested, that one's pretty good too.

thanks

• 1 month later...

I can't believe that nobody here uses Nero. Sure, it may not be worthy of professional editors, but there is nothing easier. It is what I would suggest using if you don't know much about authoring, and is the one I most commonly use to put something simple together in 5 minutes. If you do decide to go that way, I can let you know all you need to.