GamePro #50 for just $999 OBO!

Has anyone ever skipped a payment on their mortgage just to buy a not-so-special video game magazine in 'Like New' (aka Alternative New) condition? This seller seems to think so. I've been trying to find this issue in mint condition for several years now, but idiots like this make it difficult, seeing as they don't know what 'mint condition' or 'like new' actually means. I sent him a message a couple months ago to tell him it would never sell for that in any condition, but he still seems pretty adamant in his belief that a magazine's 50th issue is actually worth something and that it's something of a rarity just because there isn't many (or any) on eBay at any given time. There's another currently going for $10 OBO and no one is buying that one, either (albeit it's missing some pages). I hate people.

www.ebay.com/itm/332170460982

Edited by Kombatologist

Well, his user name is Im-a-hoot, and I certainly had a chuckle. 

I miss the days when Ebay charged you money every time you listed/relisted something whether or not it sold.  Sellers were motivated to actually sell their products the first time around.  Nowadays, you get a certain number of free listing per month, so people just list crap with insane prices and let it sit there for months/years with no consequences.

Ah, let him have his fantasy.  Waking up every morning wondering if today will be the day that some fool pays him $1000 for a $5 magazine is probably the only joy he has in life.

In the meantime, you can download Gamepro 50 from Retromags for free, and it looks damn nice.

I sent him a message:

Are you absolutely sure this mag has all of the pages intact?  A thousand dollars almost seems like too good of a deal for a GamePro #50 in good shape except for where the address label is torn off, especially if it still has the $10 Mortal Kombat coupon.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Areala said:

I think you guys are falling for yet another April Fools joke here. ;)

*huggles*
Areala

Ha. I wish that were the case.

16 hours ago, kitsunebi77 said:

The funniest part is that it's been relisted.  Still at $1000.

BUT IT HAS FREE SHIPPING WHAT A BARGAIN!!!!:w00t:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GamePro-50-September-1993-Mortal-Kombat-Street-Fighter-2-genesis-snes-nes-/232290278668?hash=item3615945d0c

I'm tempted to troll him with a daily offer of 1 penny until he takes it down or lowers the price.

That guy's other auctions are a treasure trove of overpriced junk. 
My favorites include a used pair of "MC Hammer parachute pants" and a beat up cardboard box that was used for shipping soda bottles.  PRICELESS

Looking at his feedback, though, 95% of the stuff he actually sells is listed as "best offer accepted," so I don't think we're supposed to take his list prices seriously.  He might as well list everything at "ONE MILLION DOLLARS. Or best offer"